Pentax LX

Cuthbert

Link Posted 25/05/2015 - 00:29
Peter Elgar wrote:
The only problems I have with my LX cameras are : the sticky shutter, the slow flash synch speed of 1/75th when the ME Super manages 1/125th and the DIM viewfinder which the ME Super easily beats.

The screens of the LX are brighter than those of the MX, so much that if used on the latter you have to compensate 1/3 stop. I don't have a ME Super but the viewfinder of my LX is much better than the one of my MX.

P.S. I noticed a lot of questions regarding the MX on this board, why are people so scared by this camera?

fwcetus

Link Posted 08/06/2015 - 05:42
This is just another "me too" vote for the LX. For an old cam, it is still a superb photographic instrument. The "sticky mirror syndrome" can be a bit of a "sticky wicket", too be sure, but that is its only really common flaw (and easily fixed with a CLA, which most any old cam needs every once in a while anyway). [I am not saying that nothing else can go wrong with an LX, but "sticky mirror" is more commonly seen than anything else.]
Fred

If you saw a fellow drowning, and you could either save him
or photograph the event . . . . . . . What lens would you use ?

Rich-shargill

Link Posted 04/08/2015 - 12:42
Hi guys. I know nothing about cameras but have recently acquired some through a house clearance when a family friend passed away. During the mamoth clearance we uncovered some absolute gems, also information ie our late friend was a paid up member of the pentax club of gb throughout the 70-80's not to mention minolta clubs too.
sorry to waffle on..
Basically i now have various vintage cameras in excellent condition with all manor of accessories that i couldnt begin to log & identify for single item sales.
The guy was a wedding photographer 40 odd years ago so you can imagine the collection to be quite vast.
my main aim is to sell as i have no knowledge or use for such quality pieces. of course i could use ebay but my difficulties will surely reflect in the value.
any help or directional points in my quest woul be very gratefully received.

thanks in advance.

Rich.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 04/08/2015 - 14:56
Rich-shargill wrote:
Hi guys. I know nothing about cameras but have recently acquired some through a house clearance when a family friend passed away. During the mamoth clearance we uncovered some absolute gems, also information ie our late friend was a paid up member of the pentax club of gb throughout the 70-80's not to mention minolta clubs too.
sorry to waffle on..
Basically i now have various vintage cameras in excellent condition with all manor of accessories that i couldnt begin to log & identify for single item sales.
The guy was a wedding photographer 40 odd years ago so you can imagine the collection to be quite vast.
my main aim is to sell as i have no knowledge or use for such quality pieces. of course i could use ebay but my difficulties will surely reflect in the value.

thanks in advance.

Rich.

Hi Rich

Put a list of items with a brief description (i.e. the wording on the lenses/cameras) on a new topic and I'm sure you'll get a lot of good advice on pricing. A few of us are avid collectors and have a good knowledge of Pentax equipment and rough pricing.
A couple of photos of the collection might help with identification too

All the best
LennyBloke

Rich-shargill

Link Posted 05/08/2015 - 14:47
LennyBloke wrote:
Rich-shargill wrote:
sorry to waffle on..

thanks in advance.

Rich.

Hi Rich

Put a list of items with a brief description (i.e. the wording on the lenses/cameras) on a new topic and I'm sure you'll get a lot of good advice on pricing. A few of us are avid collectors and have a good knowledge of Pentax equipment and rough pricing.
A couple of photos of the collection might help with identification too

All the best

Thanks for the kind advice. i will put the collection together for photos today. i am located in Birmingham if that helps (or hinders) my cause
thanks alot
Rich
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.