Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax Lens Poster

droopsnoot
Posted 13/08/2015 - 13:05 Link
I found this image a while ago showing a poster of Pentax lenses, I wonder if I've still got the original anywhere.

Anyone got all of the lenses on the poster?

Comment Image
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
50mpCMOS
Posted 20/08/2015 - 00:43 Link
Difficult to make them all out in the poster/posting, but...

Since the 90's I've owned a new version of every Pentax PK lens made, even some of the Ricoh glass going back into the 80's, better yet - still have the solar pentaprism (and rechargeable powered) Ricoh XR-S. I also make an effort to try to find about everything I can in older Pentax PK, if not quite brand new.

Then there's also a strange exception... Schneider Kreuznach (some but not all) has some of their lenses rebranded even though made by Pentax; I currently only own one of them.

Correction; I do not own the Pentax 560
droopsnoot
Posted 20/08/2015 - 12:27 Link
50mpCMOS wrote:
Difficult to make them all out in the poster/posting, but...

Yes, I'm hoping to find the original and get a better photo of it. Interesting you've had all those lenses over a period of time, do you still have them all?
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
50mpCMOS
Posted 20/08/2015 - 19:10 Link
Over time I've "lost two Pentax lenses with SDM to failure, yet still have current copies of them. Although it's also a bit of a shame; one basically always have to have a secondary lens if using one of those two SDM's in the field. Although I also have to admit, I've also clearly noticed that most of the current Pentax lenses with SDM are getting better.

I've never had one single issue with Pentax glass such as: Pentax DA 200, DA 24-40, DA 16-85, or even the 18-135...

From the best I can make from the existing poster, and also the start of my true collection... Yes, I still presently have each and every single piece of Pentax (non medium format, and non Q - although I like the converter for the Q) made since the 90's, with the exception of the 560. I even presently own the Pentax made but relabeled Schneider 28 t/s - which will hopefully even get better use once their is a Pentax full-frame

...And more related to that Pentax full-frame... Guess nobody is yet hearing anything much about it just yet - recently. A bit of irony in that one. Some large scale retailers *should* have heard something about it by now?? All of those same retailers know about ALL Canon, Nikon, Sony, even Fuji at least three to four months out. So either someone is incredibly good at keeping a secret, or chances are - It is not due out this year.

Pentax could also sincerely use some more glass to match that full-frame body. Sure there are presently some fifty plus pieces of glass on the market for it, but... Where is all of the other high end glass that typically goes with full-frame such as the constant aperture f1.2's

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.