Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax kit rentals from SRS

RockingDad
Posted 18/06/2014 - 16:45 Link
Afternoon all, has anyone experience with renting from SRS? Looking to possibly rent a couple of lens for an upcoming event.

Cheers

Rockingdad
Pentax K3 & K5 currently
Used a Pentax all my life!
michaelblue
Posted 18/06/2014 - 16:58 Link
I rented a DA*60-250 for a weekend on Skomer Island photographing puffins, the service was excellent, I paid for two days only, it was delivered on Thursday mid morning and I returned it on the Monday, so I had most of Thursday to get used to it (for free!)
They even sent me a text message to inform me when it would arrive
Regards,
Michael
Edited by michaelblue: 18/06/2014 - 16:59
RockingDad
Posted 18/06/2014 - 17:06 Link
Ahh now I thought id have to go get the lens so thats sounds like a really good service... is that included in their prices or charged extra for delivery?

Rockingdad
Pentax K3 & K5 currently
ilovesaabs
Posted 18/06/2014 - 18:11 Link
michaelblue wrote:
I rented a DA*60-250 for a weekend on Skomer Island photographing puffins, the service was excellent, I paid for two days only, it was delivered on Thursday mid morning and I returned it on the Monday, so I had most of Thursday to get used to it (for free!)
They even sent me a text message to inform me when it would arrive

Delivery to East Africa?
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
michaelblue
Posted 18/06/2014 - 18:44 Link
Ah yes, I have moved a bit since then
Regards,
Michael
Fletcher8
Posted 18/06/2014 - 21:07 Link
I rented a DA*60-250 from SRS last year for a 3 day period as I had been commissioned to photograph a specific fence and rider. The lens arrived on time, but I soon discovered it was faulty. SRS did refund me the money, but that was it. I did ask if they checked their lenses prior to sending them out, and the response was, we must have missed this on, sorry about that. Personally the experience has put me off renting from SRS, but otherwise their services is usually good. I hope their rental service has improved in terms of ensuring kit is fit for purpose?

If you intend to use the lens for something specific, make are SRS check it before sending it out.
Fletcher8.
Edited by Fletcher8: 18/06/2014 - 21:10
RockingDad
Posted 19/06/2014 - 15:11 Link
err thats not good!
Pentax K3 & K5 currently
Chris@SRSWATFORD
Posted 19/06/2014 - 16:27 Link
No it wasn't....

We've rented over 1000 times now and this wasn't our finest hour.

Just for balance, this is not the norm and whilst it is no consolation in this case, we have learnt from it and we now have a much more stringent testing regime both when items come back and before they leave us.

Our rental stock is now changed every six months too...
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook
LennyBloke
Posted 20/06/2014 - 07:33 Link
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:

So can I buy your ex-rental 645D for... lets say.... £250ish
LennyBloke
JonSchick
Posted 20/06/2014 - 08:31 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:

So can I buy your ex-rental 645D for... lets say.... £250ish

I'll go up to at least £275....
Jon

Some occasional random stuff at The Photographers Block: link
Mike-P
Posted 20/06/2014 - 09:37 Link
Ex rental 560mm?
dcweather
Posted 21/06/2014 - 22:19 Link
......... and well done for the response from SRS. How many firms do you know that would respond so well and so quickly.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.