Pentax K3 Tethering

cvhennessy

Link Posted 26/04/2014 - 09:32
Since Lightroom doesn't support tethering for the K3, and PK_Tether doesn't seem to either, does anyone else know of other ways to tether their camera to a laptop. I have an eye-fi card which does download photos to my android tablet but its very slow and more than a little bit flakey ie sometimes the tablet can't find the eye fi wifi hotspot at all. I don't really see why Ricoh can't supply software to read the jpegs and store them locally so that lightroom can automatically pick them up.

YORKSBOY

Link Posted 26/04/2014 - 10:49
I think that Ricoh have rather crippled the Flucard - yes you can download the images and have some degree of control over the K3 - But Trek have lots of Apps for the standard Flu card that are very appealing, for me I like the idea of their GeoTag App - this allows you to upload GPS data to the images - I guess Ricoh don't like it as it removes the need for the Pentax brand GPS accessory!!

John

cvhennessy

Link Posted 26/04/2014 - 11:26
Hi John. I worry that Ricoh haven't grasped the problem with having a brand with limited third party support. Canon and Nikon have lots of manufacturers and software suppliers falling over themselves to supply equipment and supporting software and Pentax don't. They all require help with software protocols to develop supporting software/firmware and if Ricoh can't be bothered then they will eventually kill pentax. Look at Microsoft and Windows 8 phones. They knew they needed the apps to get people to buy them and so not only wrote their own but gave lots of info and incentives to get other companies to write them as well.

YORKSBOY

Link Posted 26/04/2014 - 12:02
Couldn't agree more. Trek have lots of aps for Flucard. Whilst Ricoh have adapted the card to provide a web interface etc, but they really should allow 3rd party apps as well.

J
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.