Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax K20D

Dr. Mhuni
Posted 22/06/2011 - 14:06 Link
Pentax K20D body in excellent condition with two batteries (1 original/1 Innov8 ). Shutter count 12,942. Boxed with cds & manual.

The one blemish is a crack on the viewfinder. However this makes no difference in use whatsoever, as it is invisible when you put your eye to the viewfinder which appears as normal. I don’t even know how/when it happened (probably when travelling by plane) as because it is invisible in use it took me a while to notice it. I guess it would be easy to replace with another s/h focusing screen which I understand are widely available. However, I never bothered and used the camera like this for two years until I got my K5 recently. It only makes a difference cosmetically, none in use. Other than this the body is perfect – including the rear-LCD which has a plastic protector on it (see pics).

Bearing in mind the cracked viewfinder I’m offering this as a potential bargain for someone at £270 + P&P

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

I will be able to send this either from Greece (from 29th June) or from the UK (from the 29th July) depending on preference (or patience).
Mhuni

500px
Dr. Mhuni
Posted 24/06/2011 - 11:35 Link
I think there's been some confusion judging by PMs I've received - I will be in Greece and the UK in July/August and will post from there.

BTW in case anyone was wondering what the thing was on the lower left corner of the rear LCD, it's a tear in the stick-on plastic screen protector. The LCD underneath it is pristine.
Mhuni

500px
Dr. Mhuni
Posted 25/06/2011 - 09:05 Link
Sensible offers considered - I don't really want to carry this to Greece/UK on Tuesday morning unless I know it's being sold.

Current copies of this are going for 290+ plus P&P on ebay, so I reckon this represents good value.

If anyone has lingering doubts about the cracked viewfinder, believe me it has no effect whatsoever in use. Not sure why - I guess because the focal point of the eye is on what is viewed through the viewfinder rather than the VF glass itself, but science never was my strong point.

If anyone is curious about why I'm selling - I kept it as a backup in case my K5 went wrong (hard to put things like this right in Sri Lanka). But it just seems silly having such a good camera sitting idle and so I would rather put its value towards feeding LBA.
Mhuni

500px
Dr. Mhuni
Posted 27/06/2011 - 04:24 Link
250 quid (inc P&P) or 290 with a DA18-55 WR

If anyone wants it they have about 15 hours left - without a deposit this one ain't travelling with me.

Collection in person an option in London/South Manchester areas.
Mhuni

500px
bricke
Posted 28/06/2011 - 18:32 Link
MP sent
DrOrloff
Dr. Mhuni
Posted 02/07/2011 - 04:55 Link
MP replied.

Camera still available as long as payment received before my wife comes to join me in Greece next Tuesday. She has agreed to bring it if necessary.
Mhuni

500px
Edited by Dr. Mhuni: 02/07/2011 - 04:56

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.