Pentax K100D or 200D
Posted 19/05/2015 - 11:08 - Helpful Comment
Link
K200D gets my vote of the 2 it is a superb camera.
However you may wish to look at some of the newer models as as good as the 200d is, things have progressed.
I would be tempted to think about K7 or newer.
Good luck!
However you may wish to look at some of the newer models as as good as the 200d is, things have progressed.
I would be tempted to think about K7 or newer.
Good luck!
Posted 19/05/2015 - 11:25 - Helpful Comment
Link
It depends on the budget but you might find a fairly inexpensive K-5. In one sense, the later the model the better as things do move on.
Best regards, John
Posted 19/05/2015 - 11:36
Link
Thanks, I'm pleased with the fairly rapid response.
Yes, it was somewhat remiss of me to provide a 'Ball Park Figure' for whT I'm able to spend. I guess £80 camera, £100 lens.
Yes, it was somewhat remiss of me to provide a 'Ball Park Figure' for whT I'm able to spend. I guess £80 camera, £100 lens.
Posted 19/05/2015 - 11:38
Link
That's low, but £180 should find something worthwhile. Try SRS and see if they have suitable used kit, and also of course eBay. You could also put an ad here in the Classified Ads section of the forum.
Best regards, John
Posted 19/05/2015 - 11:54 - Helpful Comment
Link
Pointing a listing out on forum will help to make sure of that.
Posted 19/05/2015 - 11:58
Link
Yes, appreciate your sentiments
Remove asap
Remove asap
Posted 19/05/2015 - 12:03
Link
Job done, thanks.
I'm an amateur as you can see. I assumed my reply was to you only, but I now see NO messaging for 1st 30 days on joining etc.
Thanks again.
I'm an amateur as you can see. I assumed my reply was to you only, but I now see NO messaging for 1st 30 days on joining etc.
Thanks again.
Posted 19/05/2015 - 15:40 - Helpful Comment
Link
Between those two I see no reason to choose the K100D. You might well find something newer for a similar price though, such as a K-r (though it lacks the top LCD, weather sealing, battery grip option and robust build quality).
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Posted 19/05/2015 - 16:45 - Helpful Comment
Link
yo may just find a k10 which is a very good work horse
Posted 19/05/2015 - 16:48
Link
thanks for the advice and information Jonathan-Mac.
Yes, with the kind help of other Forum Users I've been guided to K-5 or K-7, or Ks-1, but yes the K200D is the better choice.
Unfortunately my funds are somewhat limited at the moment but I might be lucky to push for an Ebay deal on the K-5/7, but I suspect the K200D is more affordable.
Regards
Chris Lynch
Yes, with the kind help of other Forum Users I've been guided to K-5 or K-7, or Ks-1, but yes the K200D is the better choice.
Unfortunately my funds are somewhat limited at the moment but I might be lucky to push for an Ebay deal on the K-5/7, but I suspect the K200D is more affordable.
Regards
Chris Lynch
Posted 19/05/2015 - 19:30
Link
Chris3471 wrote:
thanks for the advice and information Jonathan-Mac.
Yes, with the kind help of other Forum Users I've been guided to K-5 or K-7, or Ks-1, but yes the K200D is the better choice.
Unfortunately my funds are somewhat limited at the moment but I might be lucky to push for an Ebay deal on the K-5/7, but I suspect the K200D is more affordable.
Regards
Chris Lynch
You wont go wrong with a K200D Chris, I loved mine, wish I had kept it to be honest.
thanks for the advice and information Jonathan-Mac.
Yes, with the kind help of other Forum Users I've been guided to K-5 or K-7, or Ks-1, but yes the K200D is the better choice.
Unfortunately my funds are somewhat limited at the moment but I might be lucky to push for an Ebay deal on the K-5/7, but I suspect the K200D is more affordable.
Regards
Chris Lynch
Posted 19/05/2015 - 21:55
Link
Sorry for the delay, many thanks Stu 62, and once again Andrew.
Thanks
Chris
Thanks
Chris
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


8 posts
11 years
I just wanted to tap your wealth of knowledge and experience etc.
I'm just getting back into photography, and so intend purchasing a Pentax (my first) primarily for Motor Sport, and the usual 'sightseeing' experiences etc. I've been encouraged by colleagues to consider the K100 or 200 DSLR's with a single 18-200mm lens. As I'm not a rich man I'm inclined to search for a good Used camera.
Do you reckon I'd be better looking at alternative models or not?
I'd appreciate your help.
Many thanks.
Regards
Chris Lynch