Pentax K 50/1.2
Posted 07/04/2013 - 20:38
Link
hmmm...maybe I asked the wrong question....
Posted 07/04/2013 - 20:46
Link
There are no wrong questions
Two things to do would be visit the 'other' pentax forum where they have a database of all lenses along with what people paid for them. Also try ebay where you can search the lens, then check completed listings ( tic a box in the left column)
My 1.2 cost me $nz420 but who knows what that means anymore
I checked my 1.2's focus action. It is very light. Possibly a service would help the sale.
Pete
Two things to do would be visit the 'other' pentax forum where they have a database of all lenses along with what people paid for them. Also try ebay where you can search the lens, then check completed listings ( tic a box in the left column)
My 1.2 cost me $nz420 but who knows what that means anymore
I checked my 1.2's focus action. It is very light. Possibly a service would help the sale.
Pete
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
Posted 09/04/2013 - 08:57
Link
These used to only go for around £130 for the K version. I would suspect a good one should be nearer £200 these days, but highly dependent on condition.
Posted 09/04/2013 - 12:55
Link
The only live auctions on ebay at present for two 55mm f/1.2's
haven't finished but are up at £255 and £310.
I would have said yours would be worth a minimum of £250
with the focusing fixed. That shouldn't be a big job.
87 pages of f/1.2 shots only here
I've got THREE f/1.2's and can't decide which to sell
Pentax K, Cosina K or Tomioka M42?
I've just bought a Canon EE-s screen, but have to
cut it down for the K-5.
-
haven't finished but are up at £255 and £310.
I would have said yours would be worth a minimum of £250
with the focusing fixed. That shouldn't be a big job.
87 pages of f/1.2 shots only here
I've got THREE f/1.2's and can't decide which to sell
Pentax K, Cosina K or Tomioka M42?
I've just bought a Canon EE-s screen, but have to
cut it down for the K-5.
-
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 09/04/2013 - 17:17
Link
Hi Transit, Algi....thanks for your replies...
smc - £130 for the K version seems to me awfully low, at that price there is not really a point of selling the lens...
Algi, how is this ee-s screen....i am contemplating buying one for myself, but deciding between ee-s and nikon k-3 split screen....both seem to have very good feedback
smc - £130 for the K version seems to me awfully low, at that price there is not really a point of selling the lens...
Algi, how is this ee-s screen....i am contemplating buying one for myself, but deciding between ee-s and nikon k-3 split screen....both seem to have very good feedback
Posted 09/04/2013 - 20:18
Link
£130 is far too low. I'd expect a minimum of £250.
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 10/04/2013 - 15:58
Link
The Tomioka Auto Revuenon 55mm f1.2 M42 went for £419
posted on ebay link
Revuenon were just a marketing brand so I'm surprised it
went so high. It doesn't look like it's got multicoating either
At f/1.2 you need all the contrast you can get.
I'm not sure when I'll get round to cutting down the Canon EE-s
screen. I'm looking for an older one first to practise on
-
posted on ebay link
Revuenon were just a marketing brand so I'm surprised it
went so high. It doesn't look like it's got multicoating either
At f/1.2 you need all the contrast you can get.
I'm not sure when I'll get round to cutting down the Canon EE-s
screen. I'm looking for an older one first to practise on
-
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 10/04/2013 - 21:08
Link
Algernon wrote:
It doesn't look like it's got multicoating either
At f/1.2 you need all the contrast you can get.
-
Agreed, even with SMC at F1.2 K50 has visibly less contrast than at smaller apertures....deep hood also helps - I used takumar telephoto hood and it improved things a bit...
It doesn't look like it's got multicoating either
At f/1.2 you need all the contrast you can get.
-
Posted 11/04/2013 - 00:28
Link
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 11/04/2013 - 11:14
Link
I have not seen a K 50/1.2 recently below 300€ (about 250£).
It seems this lens has profited from the hype around the "Chinon"/"Cosina"/"Revuenon"/"Tomioka"/"Yashica" lenses.
"The tale of Tomioka" (in German): http://www.kameradoktor.de/tomioka1,255mm/
Test results and a comparison (also in German): http://www.kameradoktor.de/50er1.jpg and http://www.kameradoktor.de/50er2.jpg
[Leitz 50/1, Nikon 50/1.2, Nikon 58/1.2, Pentax 50/1.2, Canon 55/1.2, Minolta 50/1.2, Olympus 55/1.2, Konica 57/1.2, Yashica 55/1.2]
There is a difference between the K and A versions of the 50/1.2: The K features 8 aperture blades, the A 9.
Thus, the bokeh also differs (e.g. 8-fold stars vs. 18-fold stars).
It seems this lens has profited from the hype around the "Chinon"/"Cosina"/"Revuenon"/"Tomioka"/"Yashica" lenses.
"The tale of Tomioka" (in German): http://www.kameradoktor.de/tomioka1,255mm/
Test results and a comparison (also in German): http://www.kameradoktor.de/50er1.jpg and http://www.kameradoktor.de/50er2.jpg
[Leitz 50/1, Nikon 50/1.2, Nikon 58/1.2, Pentax 50/1.2, Canon 55/1.2, Minolta 50/1.2, Olympus 55/1.2, Konica 57/1.2, Yashica 55/1.2]
There is a difference between the K and A versions of the 50/1.2: The K features 8 aperture blades, the A 9.
Thus, the bokeh also differs (e.g. 8-fold stars vs. 18-fold stars).
Posted 11/04/2013 - 14:51
Link
Smeggy: whenever I see that image of yours I'm surprised it was shot at f/1.2. I have a feeling my K50/1.2 would be softer wide open. Still, it was the nifty fifty I took as one of my film primes for this trip I (I opted for the K17 fisheye, M20/4, K28/3.5, K50/1.2, M85/2 and K135/2.5). My only regret in that choice is ending up with filters in 49mm, 52mm and 58mm!
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 12/04/2013 - 01:51
Link
kh1234567890 wrote:
Eh?? womble wrote:
Smeggy: whenever I see that image of yours I'm surprised it was shot at f/1.2. I have a feeling my K50/1.2 would be softer wide open.
That's what I thought. Mind you, she did take some 15 minutes to turn her head, if the EXIFs are right Smeggy: whenever I see that image of yours I'm surprised it was shot at f/1.2. I have a feeling my K50/1.2 would be softer wide open.
.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



465 posts
15 years
considering selling my K 50/1.2, I would appreciate your guidance. What would you consider fair price for such a lens? Its in nice condition, optics is clean with usual few dust inside, iris is free of oil....just a focusing ring, although smooth is bit more resistant then other K lenses I have (k85, k30 and k20). Maybe focusing helicoid would benefit from some new lubrication, I guess....taken all this in account....what is the fair price to ask?