Pentax K-3 II - Pre-order offer!

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 22/04/2015 - 23:13
Hi everyone,

We are now taking pre-orders for this new camera.

All pre-orders will receive a O-FC1 Flu card and we are also offering a 50 part-exchange bonus. As before, this is for any photographic item which is part-exchanged towards the K-3 II. This bonus is on top of what we allow for your items.

As always, if you have any questions then please ask! My bed is calling, so I might not be able to answer until tomorrow morning but I'll get back to you then!
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

lennythelion

Link Posted 23/04/2015 - 00:16
Chris,

do we know the RRP yet?

Jetsam1

Link Posted 23/04/2015 - 06:16
Well, are those prices definitely correct?? So the 16-85 is going to be the new kit lens for the top APSC? Cheaper than the outgoing K3.......... If only I had any cash and was in the UK......
K5, K200 and several film Pentax cameras!

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 23/04/2015 - 06:53
Trade in k3 shall i shan't i or more to the point dare i

vic cross

Link Posted 23/04/2015 - 07:27
As per Chris. Do you have the price yet?
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

jeallen01

Link Posted 23/04/2015 - 07:47
vic cross wrote:
As per Chris. Do you have the price yet?
CHEERS Vic.

Vic

The prices are on the SRS site - follow the link at the bottom of Chris's post
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 23/04/2015 - 09:28
Ah yes - a direct link would be handy. I was quite tired last night....

Pentax K-3 II - SRS Microsystems
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

Mike-P

Link Posted 23/04/2015 - 13:07
Got any of those 100 grips left Chris?
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 23/04/2015 - 13:11
All gone Mike....

Could do one for 100 if you didn't want the Flu card....

Follow us on Facebook

vic cross

Link Posted 23/04/2015 - 19:57
I can't find it in the spec. Does it have the same method of the filter via the sensor shake?
Does that make sense?
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Jetsam1

Link Posted 24/04/2015 - 07:31
Hi Chris,

One question would there be any bundles with the new mini flash (AF201?) in the future?

Cheers.
K5, K200 and several film Pentax cameras!

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 24/04/2015 - 11:45
vic cross wrote:
I can't find it in the spec. Does it have the same method of the filter via the sensor shake?
Does that make sense?
CHEERS Vic.

It has the anti-aliasing filter method which can be selected in camera as per the K-3, Vic

Follow us on Facebook

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 24/04/2015 - 11:45
Jetsam1 wrote:
Hi Chris,

One question would there be any bundles with the new mini flash (AF201?) in the future?

Cheers.

That's a great idea - I'll set up a bundle later which will show a saving....

Follow us on Facebook

McGregNi

Link Posted 24/04/2015 - 13:03
Having seen the spec I was thinking 'this must be a 1000 camera'.... To see it starting out at well under 800 is really quite extraordinary!

The use of the small AF201 FG flash raises a couple of questions ...apologies if this is not the right place to ask, but I guess it is central to actual sales of the items .....

Am I right to assume that this flashgun will behave the same as a P-TTL built-in unit when in 'auto' mode? And will it act as an optical wireless trigger just as the built-in ( no HSS presumably) ?

And finally, does the new k3ii retain the flash modes like the k3, and would these apply to any compatable flash on the hotshot ( I mean like auto, red-eye, trailing curtain, wireless) ....

If anyone from SRS knows this, or anyone really, it would be great to know. I'm quite open the idea of moving away from a pop-up flash so long as there is a feasible and compact alternative. Also a little flash with some bounce capability and some manual control is so much more versatile than a pop-up anyway .....just gave to get it out of the bag and put it on the camera, have batteries in it etc etc .....
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Last Edited by McGregNi on 24/04/2015 - 13:07

LennyBloke

Link Posted 24/04/2015 - 13:19
McGregNi wrote:
Having seen the spec I was thinking 'this must be a 1000 camera'.... To see it starting out at well under 800 is really quite extraordinary!

The use of the small AF201 FG flash raises a couple of questions ...apologies if this is not the right place to ask, but I guess it is central to actual sales of the items .....

Am I right to assume that this flashgun will behave the same as a P-TTL built-in unit when in 'auto' mode? And will it act as an optical wireless trigger just as the built-in ( no HSS presumably) ?

And finally, does the new k3ii retain the flash modes like the k3, and would these apply to any compatable flash on the hotshot ( I mean like auto, red-eye, trailing curtain, wireless) ....

If anyone from SRS knows this, or anyone really, it would be great to know. I'm quite open the idea of moving away from a pop-up flash so long as there is a feasible and compact alternative. Also a little flash with some bounce capability and some manual control is so much more versatile than a pop-up anyway .....just gave to get it out of the bag and put it on the camera, have batteries in it etc etc .....

Thanks Greg - some very important questions posed here!

I use the built-in flash to trigger stand mounted AF360's and AF540's quite often - I believe the bigger Pentax flashes can be set as Master (when on the hotshoe) but can the new AF201 FG be set the same way?
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.