Pentax K-01 and Open Day!

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 12:16
Hi all,

I am very pleased to announce that the embargo is now lifted and we can discuss the new K-01. All kits are now listed on our website

We are expecting stock towards the end of March, and we will be having an Open Day with cameras to play with on the 17th March. The usual suspects from Pentax will be available to chat to!

As always, if you have any questions then please ask.

Chris
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook
Last Edited by Chris@SRSWATFORD on 02/02/2012 - 12:26

hkwiles

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 12:39
A bit more detailed review here, no actual tests though

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/pentax-k01/pentax-k01A.HTM

Howard
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4

cabstar

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 12:58
That review says the sensor has been improved upon the k-5 sensor
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

wvbarnes

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 13:03
Hi,

it looks fun for those who want such a toy like object. Personally I wouldn't want to use a LCD with my 55 - 300mm lens.

The big question is this the end of affordable DSLR's from Pentax or will there be a replacement for the KR I currently own when the time comes to upgrade?

senn

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 13:06
I've read specs on dpreview; .. quite disappointing a priori; I don't think K-01 is significative a step forward; IMHO.. that'll spur K5 sells among pentaxians for long weighting for a camera capable to rival with D700 and 5D mkII, and having non choice but to stay petaxian
senn
my flickr gallery
my PPG
Last Edited by senn on 02/02/2012 - 13:14

Gwyn

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 13:15
Chris, I swear you time these open days so I can't make it!
I hope it goes well for you .

I think discussions on the merits or otherwise of the K-01 should be in the thread which already exists for that purpose.

AndrewA

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 13:22
I agree with Bill, don't fancy hanging a medium or large lens off this with only the LCD to view through. However, according the the review Howard posted it is larger and bulkier than the pics lead you to believe and the DP review compares it side by side with the K5.

Not too sure about the looks, cosmetically it just doesn't appeal to me.

I am sure it will have its fan base; but personally I would have preferred something a bit more retro looking and for it to have had an evf.
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
Last Edited by AndrewA on 02/02/2012 - 13:32

vrapan

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 13:25
Marked on the calendar really want to hold one of these and see how they feel in the hand. Just checked DPR and it is a bit disappointing that the size really has not been cut down much from the K-5.

Mike-P

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 13:37
Roughly what is the body going to be priced at Chris?
. My Flickr

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 13:40
Gwyn wrote:
Chris, I swear you time these open days so I can't make it!
I hope it goes well for you .

I think discussions on the merits or otherwise of the K-01 should be in the thread which already exists for that purpose.

Sorry!! One day....!

Mike-P wrote:
Roughly what is the body going to be priced at Chris?

The SRP of the body is 629. With the new 40mm or the 18-55mm - 679, or the twin kit is 799
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

PeterKR

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 13:54
Well now we know why the K-r has been discontinued - seeing the 'list' prices for the K-01 the K-r is just FAR too cheap !

It always was a 'bargain buy', knocking the competition for 'six' and it would seem that even Pentax themselves couldn't stand the heat !

Now I'm waiting for the 'end of line' sell-offs to get a spare body at a knock-down price !

Peter

cabstar

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 14:20
that 40mm seems a bargain, 50 extra...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

Don

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 14:37
@ Chris...
please do tell.. if you've got a demo model going...
how long can the k-01 record video? is there a limit? to card capacity?
what about shooting stills while recording video? possible?

and the hdmi out... does it output during recording? what resolution?

Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 15:34
Hi Don,

I haven't played with a full production sample yet, but have asked your questions to my chap at Pentax and will update once I have an answer.

Follow us on Facebook

Don

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 15:40
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
Hi Don,

I haven't played with a full production sample yet, but have asked your questions to my chap at Pentax and will update once I have an answer.

thank you thank you thank you!
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.