Pentax has come to Darwen.

silverfox

Link Posted 07/07/2012 - 20:10
Hi, ive just joined and just recently purchased a K-5 along with the 18-55mm kit weather proof, (where i live you need it!) The 15mm limited, a Sigma 8-16mm and a Tamron 90mm macro. Ive just parted company with a Canon 5Dmk2 with various lenses in order to do so. What attracted me to the Pentax was the smaller size of the K-5, the limited primes and the weather sealing of the K-5, amongst other great things. I also wasnt keen in having so much money invested in the 5D body. I mainly like to shoot landscapes but dabble with all aspects. Time is the one thing I lack the most, I have a young family and getting out with my camera can be tricky at times plus the weather is never cooperative. One thing I have noticed is that the camera saves the raw files to 72 ppi. Is there a way of changing it to 300ppi? I tried to find it in a forum but no joy. I look forward to sharing and viewing images. Cheers from soggy Darwen!

davidstorm

Link Posted 07/07/2012 - 20:46
Welcome Martyn, I'm very impressed with your first shot posted on the Gallery! When you've had a chance to use your K-5 and Pentax gear more, it would be interesting to know what you think of it compared to your previous Canon equipment.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

silverfox

Link Posted 07/07/2012 - 20:52
Hi David, thank you, yes I will keep you posted with my opinions. The first thing i have noticed is that I dont seem to want to put the K-5 down. It just seems to feel better in the hand than the 5D.

kind regards

Martyn

Stuey

Link Posted 07/07/2012 - 21:18
Hello and welcome
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

AndrewA

Link Posted 08/07/2012 - 10:24
Hello, and Welcome to the forum!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.