Pentax got robbed by Fuji!
Posted 03/12/2011 - 16:22
Link
I'm aware of the samsung and pk adaptor..
but wouldn't it be nice to have your choice to go with pentax and have a complete system that is wholly compatible, lenses, af, flashes, and batteries?
try juggling multiple cameras, lighting etc on a multimedia shoot where you need stills and video... eg a night club:
video
really the thing I hate about sony is they lock everything down to the point that you can have two identical batteries for two different sony camcorders but the microchips in the batteries make it so you can't interchange them... you have mark which battery goes with which camera even if the batteries are otherwise identical! it's insane, especially when working in the dark!
but wouldn't it be nice to have your choice to go with pentax and have a complete system that is wholly compatible, lenses, af, flashes, and batteries?
try juggling multiple cameras, lighting etc on a multimedia shoot where you need stills and video... eg a night club:
video
really the thing I hate about sony is they lock everything down to the point that you can have two identical batteries for two different sony camcorders but the microchips in the batteries make it so you can't interchange them... you have mark which battery goes with which camera even if the batteries are otherwise identical! it's insane, especially when working in the dark!
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 03/12/2011 - 16:51
Link
Nice video
Sony should have cleaned up on MP3 players, but they were too
heavily crippled. Prior to that they had their own audio format
on Mini-Disc which was also crippled. I wouldn't trust them with
video although I've had one of their Mini-DV recorders for years.
The trouble with Samsung is that they drop their servicing quickly
on old models.... just like they did on the GX-20.
Sony should have cleaned up on MP3 players, but they were too
heavily crippled. Prior to that they had their own audio format
on Mini-Disc which was also crippled. I wouldn't trust them with
video although I've had one of their Mini-DV recorders for years.
The trouble with Samsung is that they drop their servicing quickly
on old models.... just like they did on the GX-20.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 03/12/2011 - 18:18
Link
Algernon wrote:
Nice video
Sony should have cleaned up on MP3 players, but they were too
heavily crippled. Prior to that they had their own audio format
on Mini-Disc which was also crippled. I wouldn't trust them with
video although I've had one of their Mini-DV recorders for years.
The trouble with Samsung is that they drop their servicing quickly
on old models.... just like they did on the GX-20.
thank you... but that video highlights the issue for me... I had to juggle a k10, a kr, 2 different sony camcorders and a go-pro on top of audio recorders and flash units and a video light...Nice video
Sony should have cleaned up on MP3 players, but they were too
heavily crippled. Prior to that they had their own audio format
on Mini-Disc which was also crippled. I wouldn't trust them with
video although I've had one of their Mini-DV recorders for years.
The trouble with Samsung is that they drop their servicing quickly
on old models.... just like they did on the GX-20.
can you imagine how much easier the job could get if ALL my video and stills cameras and lenses and batteries were compatible?
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 03/12/2011 - 18:42
Link
I bet your glad that nobody wants FULL SIZE VHS anymore!
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 03/12/2011 - 19:23
Link
Algernon wrote:
I bet your glad that nobody wants FULL SIZE VHS anymore!
VH-what????
I bet your glad that nobody wants FULL SIZE VHS anymore!
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6794 posts
17 years
Nottingham