Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax film camera (growing) collection

giofi
Posted 13/01/2013 - 12:57 Link
For a number of different reasons my Pentax film camera collection has been growing, but I have been very lazy and not used the cameras almost at all. My new year's proposition is that I will start using them on a regular basis and all of them will be used this year!

By posting them (and my proposition here) I will be forced to post pictures taken with the cameras on the Forum, just be patient.

So here they are (in order of preference):

1. Pentax LX, which I bought from a Lady living nearby. It belonged to her late father and it was obviously kept very well and it went through a full CLA.

Comment Image

2. Penta MX, which my father gave to me a while back. This camera contributed to my respect for Pentax back in my youth. Also went through a CLA last year

Comment Image

3. Pentax Spotmatic SP II. I bought this camera from eBay in 2011 out of curiosity, it was quite cheap and it came with the 55 1.8 lens. When I received it I was surprised it was in such great conditions, both the camera and the lens seems hardly used and I decided it was worth to have this one serviced too...

Comment Image

4. Pentax ME Super that I bought for the lens that came with it, a A 50 1.7 (you can see the lens below with the P30n), the whole lot costed less than the lens alone. I never used the camera yet, but it is in very good conditions and I will test it.

Comment Image

5. Pentax Z-1. Another camera that I have received from my father, and another camera that I have not yet use. Mainly because I like old manual film cameras....

Comment Image

6. Last is my Pentax P30n. This I bought many many year ago and stopped using it only when I switched to digital. Never used it since

Comment Image

I am sure I will add to this collection, there are so many great cameras in Pentax history!
Edited by giofi: 13/01/2013 - 12:57
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 13/01/2013 - 21:30 Link
That's a very nice collection. Have fun with them.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
womble
Posted 30/01/2013 - 09:31 Link
Nice set up. I have examples of the first four. You'll love the LX, it is superb.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
bettyswolloks
Posted 30/01/2013 - 11:19 Link
I'm a little jealous
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
lxmike
Posted 18/03/2014 - 17:25 Link
Now thats what I call a nice collection

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.