Pentax FF October?
Posted 01/03/2015 - 15:03
Link
bwlchmawr wrote:
.....Nigel you are awful, but we like you!
That would be a very select bunch then I think Andrew
.....Nigel you are awful, but we like you!
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 01/03/2015 - 15:10
Link
I can't wait for the posts ..... Such as ..........
"I bought a Pentax FF along with the KIT LENS.... Pentax FA* 70-200mm f/2.8 and
as everyone knows KIT LENSES are Rubbish! Would I be better off buying
a Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7. My budget won't stretch to the 'A' Series 50mm's "
--
"I bought a Pentax FF along with the KIT LENS.... Pentax FA* 70-200mm f/2.8 and
as everyone knows KIT LENSES are Rubbish! Would I be better off buying
a Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7. My budget won't stretch to the 'A' Series 50mm's "
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 01/03/2015 - 15:22
Link
Quote:
You forgot "inadequate focus tracking performance".
Sure there are almost fifty full-frame PK lenses on the market, but... With items such as the Pentax FA50 (emphasis on!!) macro... Great lens optically, yet...You forgot "inadequate focus tracking performance".
The Pentax 50 macro (given it's mechanical linkage focusing) is also the second slowest auto focus lens on the market I've ever used. It's almost faster to go full manual focusing and/or to use the depth of field and then lock in the focusing. Please tell me this lens will NEVER be marketed with any full frame camera; imagine the reviews
Posted 01/03/2015 - 15:33
Link
The SMC Pentax-FA 50mm f/2.8 Macro lens has not been avail;able for some time. The newer D-FA lenses are available and are full frame, so these are the ones that I guess will go forwards. The D-FA 100mm f/2.8 seems fast enough at focusing, so I would expect the 50mm version to be similar.
Best regards, John
Posted 01/03/2015 - 15:57
Link
I don't normally use AF with a macro lens so I had never set the AF micro adjustment on my K-5 for the SMC Pentax-FA 50mm f/2.8 Macro lens until the other day. After I'd done it I did one test shot on a bottle and couldn't believe how good the AF is.
It's also the sharpest lens I've got at f/2.8
100% crop from JPG. Available light.
WIDE OPEN F/2.8 at 1/10th sec. 100ISO
The bottle label is quite rough printing. Not banknote quality.

--
It's also the sharpest lens I've got at f/2.8
100% crop from JPG. Available light.
WIDE OPEN F/2.8 at 1/10th sec. 100ISO
The bottle label is quite rough printing. Not banknote quality.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 01/03/2015 - 16:48
Link
Algernon wrote:
The bottle label is quite rough printing. --
all i can say algi The bottle label is quite rough printing. --
is you have a nice taste in brewery
regards stu
Posted 01/03/2015 - 23:52
Link
bwlchmawr wrote:
What on earth will people talk about in November?
Probably asking why the FF never came out in October....
What on earth will people talk about in November?
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner
Posted 03/03/2015 - 16:00
Link
The mention of a higher synchro speed reminds me that my old Z -1 film camera had a 250th sec sync and surely now, with the right flashgun and set to HSS you can use at any speed.
Posted 03/03/2015 - 17:13
Link
Algernon wrote:
I can't wait for the posts ..... Such as ..........
"I bought a Pentax FF along with the KIT LENS.... Pentax FA* 70-200mm f/2.8 and
as everyone knows KIT LENSES are Rubbish! Would I be better off buying
a Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7. My budget won't stretch to the 'A' Series 50mm's "
--
and the rest!
I can't wait for the posts ..... Such as ..........
"I bought a Pentax FF along with the KIT LENS.... Pentax FA* 70-200mm f/2.8 and
as everyone knows KIT LENSES are Rubbish! Would I be better off buying
a Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7. My budget won't stretch to the 'A' Series 50mm's "
--
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 04/03/2015 - 12:44
Link
McGregNi wrote:
Their credit scores?
Back ache?
Chromatic aberrations and other film era lens defects?
How fiddly it is to get SD cards out of the slots?
Why do birds in the viewfinder look smaller?
Is it just me or is my new FF camera rubbish?
Finally I can use my M50 1.7 and get the intended perspective (cue someone then saying 'it doesn't change perspective'...) ....
Hopefully NOT any complaints about Movie Shake Reduction in video mode ....
Oh yes, why did they not put the video switch somewhere else ....
and 'what lenses will fit on my new FF camera' ....
and 'my M28 fits on perfectly but when I press the shutter button nothing happens ... what am I doing wrong, or should I take the camera back to the shop' ?
Pentax Full Frame - To Grip or not to Grip?
There, plenty to keep us going until Christmas
Meowwwwww....
Their credit scores?
Back ache?
Chromatic aberrations and other film era lens defects?
How fiddly it is to get SD cards out of the slots?
Why do birds in the viewfinder look smaller?
Is it just me or is my new FF camera rubbish?
Finally I can use my M50 1.7 and get the intended perspective (cue someone then saying 'it doesn't change perspective'...) ....
Hopefully NOT any complaints about Movie Shake Reduction in video mode ....
Oh yes, why did they not put the video switch somewhere else ....
and 'what lenses will fit on my new FF camera' ....
and 'my M28 fits on perfectly but when I press the shutter button nothing happens ... what am I doing wrong, or should I take the camera back to the shop' ?
Pentax Full Frame - To Grip or not to Grip?
There, plenty to keep us going until Christmas
Cheers,
Bruce
Bruce
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1293 posts
16 years
Shropshire
I imagine most would be waiting to see the full range of colours released before committing ...
Michael