pentax f 35-70
Posted 16/07/2010 - 11:13
Link
Zooms are generally quite difficult to work on unless you really know what you are doing, and AF lenses even more so. The F35-70 is a lovely little lens but not that rare and fairly cheap. Unless it is essentially free I'd keep looking for another example. Often the best place to find them is attached to the front of an SF7/SFX/SFXn.
Best wishes, Kris.
Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 16/07/2010 - 11:32
Link
Zoom lenses, as Kris says, tend to be a nightmare to service and the cost of a professional doing the job would likely be several times the value of the lens. There comes a point when some jobs just aren't worth doing.
Joining the Q
Posted 16/07/2010 - 11:41
Link
I can tell you from experience the F series 35-70 is not a lens you would want to tackle, I spent a couple of days trying to get it back together properly, and that's with taking notes and pics as I was going, it's in a zillion pieces inside a plastic box now, and that's where it will be staying I'm afraid
Very frustrating and not worth the effort IMO.
Very frustrating and not worth the effort IMO.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 16/07/2010 - 11:50
Link
thanks for the info now a paper weight
k5iis sigma 10-20 hsm tamron 17-50 pentax da 18-135 pentax A 50 f 1;1 7
pentax da*60-250 pentax da 55-300 sigma apo 150-500 hsm os pentax af1.7 adapter
Pentax af aw 1.4 rear converter and a flash
pentax da*60-250 pentax da 55-300 sigma apo 150-500 hsm os pentax af1.7 adapter
Pentax af aw 1.4 rear converter and a flash
Posted 16/07/2010 - 13:35
Link
I opened an old K 28-50mm zoom last week (had a fungus problem, still has some as I couldn't get the rear element group apart but it's nothing like as bad as it was). The main problem was resetting infinity focus - I resorted to using a TV transmitter mast about 4 miles away and adjusting until that was in focus with the lens set to infinity.
I would not, however, even try an AF zoom. I once attempted to fix a spares or repair 28-80mm which was a complete disaster. On the plus side, it provided all the Power Zoom switch parts that were missing from an otherwise perfect example of the same lens bought a few months later!
The F 35-70mm is a lovely thing, especially on a K-m or K-x. It's probably the best sensibly priced compact AF lens you can buy. Mine came attached to an SFX for £30, which I thought was pretty reasonable. Just don't get it confused with the F 35-80mm which is horrible!
I would not, however, even try an AF zoom. I once attempted to fix a spares or repair 28-80mm which was a complete disaster. On the plus side, it provided all the Power Zoom switch parts that were missing from an otherwise perfect example of the same lens bought a few months later!
The F 35-70mm is a lovely thing, especially on a K-m or K-x. It's probably the best sensibly priced compact AF lens you can buy. Mine came attached to an SFX for £30, which I thought was pretty reasonable. Just don't get it confused with the F 35-80mm which is horrible!
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1498 posts
16 years
worcestershire
pentax da*60-250 pentax da 55-300 sigma apo 150-500 hsm os pentax af1.7 adapter
Pentax af aw 1.4 rear converter and a flash