Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax ESII and SMC lenses

Backhouse
Posted 22/05/2011 - 18:32 Link
I didn't want to sell these as they took a while to find in such tidy condition. But I want a nice longer zoom for my Canon (consolidating all my camera gear to one type, Canon EF) so needs must.

Pentax ESII with SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4 lens, (last of the M42 mount spotmatics and superb normal length prime). This is fully working, very accurate and has absolute minimal brassing marks on the corners (I'd call it excellent, not mint). Comes with a case although not original it does fit ok, rubber eye cup and strap. The lens is very clean and tidy (I've had 3 of these this is the best I kept) has a pentax skylight filter and yellow and orange filters of B&W. It comes with original (pretty metal) lens cap and a couple of spares from later lenses.

Comment Image

Comment Image

I'd like to sell as a bundle, but I am prepared to split so:

Camera with case and eyecup £65
SMC 50mm f1.4 lens with skylight filter (no case or rear cap) £85
orange and yellow filters £15

or £140 for the lot above and I'll throw in some b&w films too

The lenses. All are the SMC type with linkage for open aperture metering on the ESII (or a spotmatic F) and are in excellent condition IMHO, clean clear optics and nice smooth focusing rings with fast snappy iris blades.

SMC takumar 28mm f3.5 lens and hood. Very clean and tidy lens, the case is a little worn but a bit of black boot polish it would come up a treat. The hood is in great condition with only a couple of tiny surface blemishes to the paint, the case is very tidy too.

Comment Image

Comment Image

£60 with the hood

SMC Takumar 35mm f3.5 lens. Very clean and tidy, the case is from a non-SMC version so lined in green but it fits fine.
Comment Image

£50

SMC Takumar 105mm f2.8. Very clean and tidy again, makes a lovely portrait lens. The case is in excellent condition but the lens is missing the hood, its the same 49mm thread as the 135mm which is readily available (the correct hoods for these come up fairly often on ebay) and I found no noticable vignetting using the hood from the 135.
Comment Image

£55

SMC Takumar 135mm f3.5. very tidy lens again, with correct hood in good condition, the lens case is a little tatty but good and solid still.
Comment Image

£45

SMC Takumar 200mm f4. clean and tidy with hood, pentax skylight filter and case in great condition.
Comment Image

£55

I will consider near offers (although I think my prices are pretty keen considering condition), discounts on multiple items or the whole lot and trades for other kit (I'm looking for a canon 70-200 f4L, or possibly a sigma 12-24 in canon EF fitment). I'll happily provide more pics of anything your interested in, this is all in VERY good condition though.
Edited by Backhouse: 22/05/2011 - 18:39
sorted78
Posted 22/05/2011 - 20:46 Link
You have a PM re the 105/2.8
Backhouse
Posted 22/05/2011 - 21:16 Link
105/2.8 SOLD

Pending sight of some monies from sorted78!

I might be interested in something medium format as a trade.
Edited by Backhouse: 22/05/2011 - 21:26
sorted78
Posted 23/05/2011 - 09:48 Link
Payment sent
sorted78
Posted 24/05/2011 - 11:53 Link
Lens arrived today, in excellent condition as described and well packaged, thanks - very pleased!
Backhouse
Posted 30/05/2011 - 10:58 Link
Any interest or offers before I turn them over to ebay?

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.