Pentax DA*16-50 f2.8 ED SDM.

duncanM

Link Posted 20/03/2014 - 19:20
The DA*16-50 f2.8, as everyone here will know, is a Pro grade lens with a great reputation. This one was bought new by me, a keen amateur, in 2012. I have only used it lightly and carefully. It has never been dropped, allowed to get wet, or otherwise abused, and it is in lovely condition optically, mechanically, and cosmetically.
It comes complete with box, hood, front and rear caps, pouch, manual, etc.
I am only selling it now because I am moving from the K system to the much lighter Pentax Q system, as a regrettable necessity related to the passage of years.
One item of note in this lens’ history is that it has fairly recently had a service, under warranty, which included the fitment of a new SDM focus motor. I had sent it to JPSS, the official Pentax service agents, last summer for a check over as it seemed to have developed a slight hesitancy in focussing. [That truly is the only symptom that I recall!] However their “repair docket”, as may be seen below, when they sent it back, stated that they had given it a new pcb and motor (etc). When I enquired about this I was told that it had had its SDM focus motor replaced with the latest type of SDM focus motor. It certainly has not missed the proverbial beat since then, and my impression is that it now focuses a smidgeon faster, and without any hesitation at all
Finally, the price- I paid over £600 for this lens 2 -3 years ago. The present lowest price, according to
http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/
is £839, and I reckon that a price fair for this pretty much prime example would be £500, that being of course a 40% discount on the current new price.
So this is a pro grade lens in super condition, boxed and complete as originally supplied, at only 60% of the price that it would cost in the shops, and hopefully it will be a bargain for somebody here.
PS Apologies for the poor photo quality- don't have the new P Q yet

Last Edited by duncanM on 20/03/2014 - 19:22

duncanM

Link Posted 22/03/2014 - 16:57
This lens is still for sale

duncanM

Link Posted 23/03/2014 - 20:16
BTW I am open to offers, so long as they are not too cheeky

duncanM

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 22:57
Still nobody...
The price is therefore now reduced by £25 to £475, and a 77mm UV/lens protection filter, plus a variable extension rubber 77mm lens hood for the lens, are now included

duncanM

Link Posted 25/03/2014 - 19:56
I expected this premium lens to be bought quickly, particularly with it being in unusually good nick and having the latest and best type of super high speed focus motor
The price must be too high, so down it now comes, to only
£450 (including delivery)
Last Edited by duncanM on 25/03/2014 - 19:58

duncanM

Link Posted 30/03/2014 - 09:57
Price further reduced Now only £425.

duncanM

Link Posted 01/04/2014 - 21:15
Although I have had a couple of approaches, negotiations have come, regrettably, to naught
I have no further use for this lens now that I don't have a DSLR to go with it- if anyone out there is interested at all, please get in touch with me soon

duncanM

Link Posted 03/04/2014 - 11:54
Lens sold to SamH- ...and thanks to the various other members who have been in touch with me over recent days.

SamH

Link Posted 03/04/2014 - 22:36
Just wanted to say it was a pleasure meeting you today Duncan.
The lens is in fantastic condition and when the weather clears I'm looking forward to see how it performs.
Have fun with the Q when you get it.

Regrads
Sam

duncanM

Link Posted 03/04/2014 - 23:24
A great pleasure for me too, Sam- I do not doubt that you'll achieve great things with that superb lens (which IMO has so much more quality character and charm than the Sigma 17-50 that some compare it with ) My thanks too for the print of your excellent monochrome study of that perennial challenge to our lenses, the Forth Bridge.
Last Edited by duncanM on 03/04/2014 - 23:27
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.