pentax Da 15mm limited
Posted 19/12/2009 - 20:01
Link
I believe the lens is only decent in IQ so far as I've seen.
It's of course a nice small lens and build quality is superb as it is an limited.
Can't tell more about it...
It's of course a nice small lens and build quality is superb as it is an limited.
Can't tell more about it...
Posted 19/12/2009 - 22:22 - Helpful Comment
Link
No I don't have on sadly, only played with it that's why I can't tell more
Here is a bit about the 15mm link
And here link
And another one link
Like you said the price is very expensive and the DA14mm is probably a better lens and also many reviews found the DA12-24 sharper, so only the things that makes it a limited lens makes it attractive.
Here is a bit about the 15mm link
And here link
And another one link
Like you said the price is very expensive and the DA14mm is probably a better lens and also many reviews found the DA12-24 sharper, so only the things that makes it a limited lens makes it attractive.
Posted 19/12/2009 - 22:28
Link
Clarky has one I just noticed...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 19/12/2009 - 22:37
Link
I was just reading one of his posts and noticed it in amongst the plethora of lenses in his signature.
The 30mm lens is the one that catches my eye which he got essentially free!
Oh well, some people have all the luck!
K.
The 30mm lens is the one that catches my eye which he got essentially free!
Oh well, some people have all the luck!
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 20/12/2009 - 00:43 - Helpful Comment
Link
Ther DA15 Limited is a superb lens in all departments, IMO. Small, beautifully built to limited standards, superb IQ in all aspects with a 3D look in many instances. See my DA15 gallery for some examples:
http://www.pbase.com/lance_b/da15
http://www.pbase.com/lance_b/da15
Cameras:K-7/K20D/*ist D/K10D
Lenses:DA14 f2.8, A16 f2.8, FA20 f2.8, FA31 f1.8, DA35 f2.8 macro, FA43 f1.9, FA50 f1.4, A50 f1.4, A50 f1.2, FA50 f2.8 macro, DA*55 f1.4, FA77 f1.8, DFA100 f2.8 macro, A100 f2.8, DA*300 f4, FA*300 f4.5, DA10-17 FE, DA12-24 f4, DA*16-50 f2.8, DA17-70 f4, FA*28-70 f2.8, DA*50-135 f2.8, DA*60-250 f4, FA*80-200 f2.8.
Flashes:AF540FGZ, AF360FGZ
Lenses:DA14 f2.8, A16 f2.8, FA20 f2.8, FA31 f1.8, DA35 f2.8 macro, FA43 f1.9, FA50 f1.4, A50 f1.4, A50 f1.2, FA50 f2.8 macro, DA*55 f1.4, FA77 f1.8, DFA100 f2.8 macro, A100 f2.8, DA*300 f4, FA*300 f4.5, DA10-17 FE, DA12-24 f4, DA*16-50 f2.8, DA17-70 f4, FA*28-70 f2.8, DA*50-135 f2.8, DA*60-250 f4, FA*80-200 f2.8.
Flashes:AF540FGZ, AF360FGZ
Posted 20/12/2009 - 01:44
Link
I really haven't used my DA 15mm that much as yet, but I echo Lance's sentiments, a fine lens.
The only downside with the 31mm is its black and I was after a silver one to complete the set, but I couldn't knock it back at the price I was offered. Perhaps I could swap it for a silver one.
mikew wrote:
You needed to check? I seem to recall making a generous offer on that lens a while back but the old bu88er wouldn't take it.
I may be an old bu88er, but i'm not senile, yet, You needed to check? I seem to recall making a generous offer on that lens a while back but the old bu88er wouldn't take it.
womble wrote:
I was just reading one of his posts and noticed it in amongst the plethora of lenses in his signature.
The 30mm lens is the one that catches my eye which he got essentially free!
Oh well, some people have all the luck!
K.
I was very lucky when I picked up the 30mm 2.8 K, which is as good as any of the 28mm lenses going around. But I have recently got hold of an FA31mm for a very good price, so the 30mm may not be seeing as much action, I am loathe to sell it though.I was just reading one of his posts and noticed it in amongst the plethora of lenses in his signature.
The 30mm lens is the one that catches my eye which he got essentially free!
Oh well, some people have all the luck!
K.
The only downside with the 31mm is its black and I was after a silver one to complete the set, but I couldn't knock it back at the price I was offered. Perhaps I could swap it for a silver one.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 20/12/2009 - 01:55
Link
SRS only had black 43mm Ltds when I bought mine and I didn't have the patience to wait for a silver one to come in. I assume the 31mm lives up to its reputation? Given the price in the UK I shan't be getting one anytime soon I haven't seen the 30mm on ebay despite looking quite regularly.
Cheers, Kris.
Cheers, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 20/12/2009 - 02:31
Link
Kris I paid just over 500quid for the 31mm, used but in mint condition. I may be able to convince someone with a silver one into a swap.
As I said before, if I do decide to sell the 30mm, I will give you first option. To be honest I don't know what its worth, It has its original caps and embossed hard case.
Make me a silly offer and I may consider it.
As I said before, if I do decide to sell the 30mm, I will give you first option. To be honest I don't know what its worth, It has its original caps and embossed hard case.
Make me a silly offer and I may consider it.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 21/12/2009 - 20:29
Link
Lance B
Thanks for showing me your photos taken with the 15mm. A good variety that has me thinking what can be achieved. The 14mm is also attractive.
I must admit I am drawn by the size and build quality of the 15mm lens - possibly a good one to take into the hills...mmm need to save up the pennies and have a think!
Other contributors
Thanks for your thoughts even if you did stray of topic a bit
Dave
Thanks for showing me your photos taken with the 15mm. A good variety that has me thinking what can be achieved. The 14mm is also attractive.
I must admit I am drawn by the size and build quality of the 15mm lens - possibly a good one to take into the hills...mmm need to save up the pennies and have a think!
Other contributors
Thanks for your thoughts even if you did stray of topic a bit
Dave
Posted 21/12/2009 - 21:43
Link
davem wrote:
[b]Other contributors
Thanks for your thoughts even if you did stray of topic a bit
Dave
Sorry Dave, I should practice what I preach. [b]Other contributors
Thanks for your thoughts even if you did stray of topic a bit
Dave
I have owned the 14mm and its quite large, huge in fact compared to the 15mm, My personal choice would be the 15mm
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



1366 posts
20 years
yorkshire
Has any one got experience of this lens? If so what do you think are its good/bad points.
Thanks
Dave