Pentax camera hire
Posted 17/08/2013 - 17:55
Link
You could ask other Pro dealers such as Park Cameras, but it's unlikely they will be any different price-wise.
If funds allow, the K-5 IIs is already lower in price than it started out, so why not buy one? You can always sell on later.
If funds allow, the K-5 IIs is already lower in price than it started out, so why not buy one? You can always sell on later.
Best regards, John
Posted 17/08/2013 - 18:02
Link
Thanks John, I will investigate. I went to SRS first as I've always had excellent service from them.
I would like to know how much better the IQ and low-light focussing is before I take the plunge, hence the hire seemed a good idea, and after this trip I probably won't shoot much for 5-6 months, as the outdoor nudes season is generally April-September, and I think there has got to be a good chance of a new body by next April.
I would like to know how much better the IQ and low-light focussing is before I take the plunge, hence the hire seemed a good idea, and after this trip I probably won't shoot much for 5-6 months, as the outdoor nudes season is generally April-September, and I think there has got to be a good chance of a new body by next April.
Posted 17/08/2013 - 19:19
Link
Without wanting to pressure anyone, have you asked whether there might be a reduction if you were to offer reciprocal advertising at your next exhibition?
Of course if Pentax UK had even a vague interest in promoting their cameras they might offer you a free loan in exchange for showing what they can do in the right hands!
Of course if Pentax UK had even a vague interest in promoting their cameras they might offer you a free loan in exchange for showing what they can do in the right hands!
Posted 17/08/2013 - 19:40
Link
Interesting thoughts Gareth, I am extremely successful with my images, all taken on Pentax cameras.
John seems to know all the right people, I may contact him.
John seems to know all the right people, I may contact him.
Posted 17/08/2013 - 20:06
Link
timbo wrote:
.... I probably won't shoot much for 5-6 months, as the outdoor nudes season is generally April-September, and I think there has got to be a good chance of a new body by next April
brilliant !
.... I probably won't shoot much for 5-6 months, as the outdoor nudes season is generally April-September, and I think there has got to be a good chance of a new body by next April
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 17/08/2013 - 20:14
Link
I have seen any outdoor nudes at all this season
The nearest was a Kingfisher
The nearest was a Kingfisher
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 17/08/2013 - 21:14
Link
Its really got me thinking, I must say ...... about an all-new DSLR Nudes-Specific Shooting Checklist
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 17/08/2013 - 21:48
Link
I will admit to being a one-trick pony, as i only shoot one type of image, but by shooting one subject it does concentrate the mind and you improve more rapidly than you would by shooting many genres.
While most of you drive to a shoot wondering what you will take pictures of that day, I know exactly what I will be taking pictures of as she is sitting in the passenger seat next to me, and it's just a matter of finding some good light and a background!
While most of you drive to a shoot wondering what you will take pictures of that day, I know exactly what I will be taking pictures of as she is sitting in the passenger seat next to me, and it's just a matter of finding some good light and a background!
Posted 18/08/2013 - 17:11
Link
But you haven't said which of your models has a new body coming out next year!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


294 posts
18 years
Birmingham,
UK
So I thought the ideal solution would be to hire an K5-IIs to get my better images, and then I can hang on longer for the new body to be released, whenever it is. I have had a quote from SRS which is a little more than I would want to pay, does anyone know of other places that hire out the K5-IIs?
http://www.timpile.co.uk