pentax camera bag

focus

Link Posted 08/08/2011 - 00:16
hi, just joined the forum in the past 5 minutes, so i hope im doing this correctly!. - just wondering if anyone could tell me if and where i could buy a pentax bag that would hold my k5 and up to two extra lenses?. i want a bag that actually has the pentax logo on it. the only one ive seen, is the pentax k shoulder bag, but i cant get any more pictures of it, or any reviews. any ideas or advice? many thanks for any replies!!!

johnriley

Link Posted 08/08/2011 - 00:21
Welocme to the forum! You could look at these from SRS:

http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/c/117/Pentax-Camera-Cases.html

I use a Billingham Hadley Pro bag, but of course there's no Pentax logo on it. I do have a collection of bags with the Pentax logo, so an ebay search may bring up some of the bags that have been available in the past.
Best regards, John

i-Berg

Link Posted 08/08/2011 - 09:01
G'day and welcome.

You might also wish to consider the value of discretion... Sometimes, advertising does not pay .
http://www.pbase.com/iberg

thoramay

Link Posted 08/08/2011 - 09:03
John. What price do these bags fetch?

johnriley

Link Posted 08/08/2011 - 10:30
Generally, people don't value second hand bags too much, so I've managed to collect a number of Pentax bags at quite low cost. I am still looking for a Speedbag M, but I did manage to find an original Spotmatic-era Speedbag.

I'm thinking of buying the new Jill-e handbag for Sue.
Best regards, John

Gwyn

Link Posted 08/08/2011 - 10:49
johnriley wrote:
Generally, people don't value second hand bags too much, so I've managed to collect a number of Pentax bags at quite low cost. I am still looking for a Speedbag M, but I did manage to find an original Spotmatic-era Speedbag.

I'm thinking of buying the new Jill-e handbag for Sue.

OT - check the weight of the Jill-E bag before you buy it John - I had a look at some and was shocked by how heavy they were empty.

I bought a Crumpler Pretty Bella 7500 in Oatmeal in the end as it was girly but still light. I am thinking of selling it as I am trying to reduce my bag collection now (though so far without any success ).

thoramay

Link Posted 08/08/2011 - 12:45
My Pentax bag, rescued from a charity shop is light blue.
Interestingly, the Pentax leather and metal logo seems to be attached via velcro.

I have no interest in this bag. I am willing to send it to a new home, but!! having sent the camera to a member and received not a single thanks or offer to refund postage, I will need to ask for a donation to that charity shop. Any takers.

ChrisR

Link Posted 08/08/2011 - 14:44
Hi.

I think in this day and age, the less your bag looks like a camera bag the better.
There is always a pair of eagle eyes, watching and ready to make a quick snatch.
Sad but true.

Take care.

Chris R.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 08/08/2011 - 15:48
Oh Chris you'll give everyone nightmares, with that gloomy picture you paint! I also prefer a discreet bag though, but mainly because of not wanting to look too nerdy when i'm out and about

Just bought a crumpler 2500 from srs for under twenty quid. It's excellent but you'd need something bigger if you want to stow more than one spare zoom. It would take a k5 with zoom fitted and three or more primes though.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.