Pentax A3 SLR

a3guy

Link Posted 04/01/2007 - 13:35
hi there, i have got a Pentax A3 SLR and wondered what everybody elses opinions were on this type of camera? i am travelling to tunisia soon to do some photography work and wasnt sure if it was up to standards for some quality prints. has anyone had one or used one before? thankyou for your time.

johnriley

Link Posted 04/01/2007 - 16:24
The A3 is an odd beast that has the first inbuilt motor in a pentax SLR and offers aperture priority and program modes, but no manual setting.

In terms of quality of results, put a good lens on it and it will produce as good results as any other SLR. In terms of facilities it is a little basic but perfectly useable.
Best regards, John

Pwynnej

Link Posted 04/01/2007 - 16:31
John is 100% spot on..... providing the camera's functions are ok, then the A3 is as good as any camera out there. Stick it on aperture priority and the camera takes care of the rest.

More important are the quality of the lens and the photographer, in the case of the latter if you are happy with your own work then you're nearly there....

Enjoy the trip to Tunisia

smc

Link Posted 09/01/2007 - 10:14
I would echo the other replies. I had an A3 a while ago - it is perfectly usable but a little limited in facilities. Make sure you have spare batteries if you are in a remote location.

le1999

Link Posted 16/03/2015 - 12:58
battery check light isnt working? does this affect anything or mean it is broken...
Last Edited by le1999 on 16/03/2015 - 13:25
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.