Pentax 14mm

chunky
Posted 18/11/2011 - 16:30 Link
Hi,

I'm in the market for a prime w/a lens for my K5's. The main choice seems to be the Pentax 14mm. Does anyone have anything particularly bad or good to say about this lens?
Chunky
whatsthisbuttondo
Posted 18/11/2011 - 18:49 Link
Ask smeggy he will tell you i founf it aok nice and bright in viewfinder
obione
Posted 18/11/2011 - 19:25 Link
try 15mm,
try srs they have rental service for pentax..
k-5, K-5ii,60-250 f4, 50 f1.4 af,17-70 f4, 100mm macro wr,siggy 10-20 siggy 100-300f4
Pentaxophile
Posted 18/11/2011 - 22:17 Link
I am really enjoying my 15mm, it does need stopping down, but such a lovely lens to use and reliably sharp (and contrasty) at f8. The 14mm is a beefier lens, so has less advantage over a UWA zoom.
Transit
Posted 19/11/2011 - 10:36 Link
I really like my DA14. It is sharp and colourful with great close focus capability. It is quite a big lens so if you want compact then the DA15 would be better I suppose. Has slight 'moustache' distortion which can't be edited but doesn't really show.
Pete

not so heavy it can't be used with one hand

Comment Image
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len

Close to the Edge
Down by the River
Edited by Transit: 19/11/2011 - 10:39

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo