Pentax 'A' 50mm & 28mm

newblueone
Posted 19/04/2009 - 20:21 Link
I have a pair of Pentax SMC Manual Fous A lenses for sale; 28mm 2.8 and a 50 mm 1.7. Both are in good condition. £60 each plus postage ?
//https://www.pentaxuser.com/photo/Lenses-for-sale-6029]link[/link]
polchraine
Posted 19/04/2009 - 21:32 Link
You need a little edit ...

Pictures here.
.
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
jackitec
Posted 19/04/2009 - 21:46 Link
20 quid on eBay
newblueone
Posted 19/04/2009 - 22:47 Link
Thanks very much, polchraine, for your edit. I must confess I found the whole upload process a bit confusing.

Jackitec -Pro Master ? What is the point of your post ? As far as I am aware this is a Classified advert forum. Please correct me if I have misunderstood that.
Can only the elderly buy your photos ?
Anvh
Posted 19/04/2009 - 23:03 Link
He only means that they go for £20 on ebay and that you're asking triple the price so the change of you selling them is very small.
On ebay you even need to pay fees over it I believe so you could sell them for the same price and have more profit.

Of course you can ask what you want here but if you get it?
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 19/04/2009 - 23:04
woodworm
Posted 20/04/2009 - 08:28 Link
My A-50mm cost me around £50 12 months ago, good ones still go around this price.

The one's at £20 usually look a bit rough.

No idea about the 28mm though.
shim
Posted 20/04/2009 - 08:32 Link
jackitec wrote:
20 quid on eBay
This is the A Series f/1.7 one of the best standard lenses ever made. I find it unlikely that a decent one would be 20 quid. There are a lot of these lenses sold by people who do house clearances and buy from car boot sales and the quality can be quite poor. Average seems to be about 40 quid for the A Series, dirt cheap considering the quality of the lens. I would make sure the aperture ring works perfectly before buying (known fault can be fixed).

shim
petemasty
Posted 20/04/2009 - 13:12 Link
Bought the 50mm recently but sent it back for a refund because the aperture ring didnt work properly . I was told it was in perfect worknig order. As for what I paid? £55. But the shots I took with it were crystal clear. It was in very good condition (bar the ap ring) I'm quite sure I've seem the 28mm lens on ebay going for about £50.
Pete M
My Flickr
newblueone
Posted 20/04/2009 - 23:06 Link
Thank you all for your information on the lenses and their current values. I must confess that I had only looked at MXV and Ffordes to get an idea of their value, as they are the companies that I have purchased from in the past. I definitely seem to have priced them too highly. I wouldn't want to sell them for £20 each though, I'll just keep them until I can make the most of them on a Full frame Pentax Digital SLR !
iceblinker
Posted 21/04/2009 - 00:41 Link
jackitec wrote:
20 quid on eBay
They more usually go for around 50 quid each these days. The value has gone up in the last couple of years.
~Pete
Mike-P
Posted 21/04/2009 - 08:02 Link
I sold my A 50mm 1.7 for £50 plus postage last year and they go for that price all day long on Ebay. The 28mm is another matter though.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo