Patience is rewarded

Dorset_Mike
Posted 26/05/2016 - 19:42 Link
I am happy to say that the swans I posted a couple of weeks ago are now the proud parents of two charming and very active cygnets. Mum is still sitting on a third egg but, four days after the others hatched, who knows?
1. A tired Mum after the cygnets have been climbing all over her while she continues to sit on a further egg
Comment Image

2. So the cygnets go off to find Dad
Comment Image

3. But Mum continues to watch over her brood
Comment Image

4. Whilst Dad keeps a close eye on the young uns
Comment Image


All taken with my K-5ii and DA50-200mm ED WR lens. Thank you for looking.
Mike
Regards,
Mike

Every day's a holiday!
McGregNi
Posted 26/05/2016 - 20:19 Link
A happy family Mike Well worth returning for. A good range of poses and angles here, taken in demanding contrasty light. Perhaps they could take some more sharpening to firm up the textures on the white swan ....
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
davidwozhere
Posted 27/05/2016 - 01:24 Link
Lovely set. Thank you for sharing them
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
Dorset_Mike
Posted 27/05/2016 - 16:33 Link
Thanks, Nigel and David, for your comments. I must confess that I am usually a less is more man when it comes to sharpening. I'll grit my teeth and try winding up the sharpness in these to see what I can achieve. Thanks for the tip, Nigel.
Regards,
Mike
Regards,
Mike

Every day's a holiday!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo