Partridge - up close and personal

milamber
Posted 14/06/2012 - 15:31 Link
Spotted this Red-Legged Partridge whilst out earlier. I took a few shots with my Pentax 18-250mm and it seemed unusually tolerant so I swapped lenses for my M 50mm 1.7. I'd checked that it wasn't on a nest (it had earlier got up and moved a bit)

I managed to get in very close. These are the best of the photos with the 50mm - cropped a little, but it was much closer than I have ever got before.

[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/partridge.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/partridge2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/partridge3.jpg[/IMG]
geordie01
Posted 14/06/2012 - 21:07 Link
Looking at it i do not think it is very well
milamber
Posted 14/06/2012 - 21:18 Link
geordie01 wrote:
Looking at it i do not think it is very well
You are probably right. There was nothing obvious, but they are usually very wary and this one almost seemed tame.
bassman
Posted 14/06/2012 - 22:29 Link
Nice shots Chris.
I came across the same thing the other day on the edge of a farm yard.
It had about 9 young under it.
Maybe it was about to lay eggs .
Edited by bassman: 14/06/2012 - 22:32
Stuey
Posted 14/06/2012 - 23:06 Link
Great shots - let's hope that it is ok
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
NeilP
Posted 16/06/2012 - 19:04 Link
geordie01 wrote:
Looking at it i do not think it is very well
It could just be very tame. They rear 100 if not 1000s of these to shoot for sport and then release them, just like pheasants, and some won't fear humans

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo