panaramic tripod head---homemade
Posted 10/08/2006 - 18:51
Link
Interesting contraption, no reason why it wouldn't work, although as the auther states, it would just be for one camera/lens combination (but then I always use my 50mm lens when doing panoramics). You could easily adapt it for different lenses by having differently spaced holes in the 'arm', one for each lens that you wanted to use, as long as you labeled them well.
One thing I noticed seemed wrong, was on 'Page 4', the distance from the central hole to the side, should surely be "Measure the height from the table to the center of the lens" plus the thickness (depth) of the 'arm'. I can't see that it would be right otherwise.
And, as you say Don, some sort of angle markings would be useful.
Anyway, an interesting project...
Cheers,
Dan
One thing I noticed seemed wrong, was on 'Page 4', the distance from the central hole to the side, should surely be "Measure the height from the table to the center of the lens" plus the thickness (depth) of the 'arm'. I can't see that it would be right otherwise.
And, as you say Don, some sort of angle markings would be useful.
Anyway, an interesting project...
Cheers,
Dan
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6213 posts
20 years
Winterpeg Manitoba Canada
http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp?sid=161123&print=1
Id've gone one step further and inlaid a protractor on the swivel bas and a needle on the head to ease spacing the frame...or just some markings in pen...