Paint Macro Abstract

Lubbyman

Link Posted 23/09/2022 - 22:37
I'm currently decorating the kitchen and that has included painting. For many years, I've been using the same metal paint rods to stir paint. They are now much thicker than they were, due to many, many stratified layers of paint - a bit like sedimentary layers in geology. Some layers were partially wiped off before drying, some are thin in places and thicker in others, some let darker colours from below appear, and so on.

This evening it struck me that the surfaces looked quite interesting when viewed close up. So I put one in front of the K3 + Sigma 70mm at approx 1:1 magnification, side-lit to bring out texture, and produced a stack just to see what it would look like. And here it is. To my eyes, it seems similar to images taken from multi-billion dollar NASA space craft as they orbit a distant planet or moon. Or at least that's where NASA say the pictures have come from ... .

Thoughts, comments welcome as usual (about the picture, please, not about my and Mrs L's tastes in paint!).

There may be more to come ...

Steve

LennyBloke

Link Posted 24/09/2022 - 08:59
Is that the same image I saw in the Tate Modern a couple of years ago Steve

This is my sort of abstract - colour, shape, form - could be coffee and cream, the sahara desert at dusk, the surface of an alien moon - great for the eye and imagination. Let's hope there are more
LennyBloke

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 24/09/2022 - 12:10
Obviously it's a close up of a planet in the Orion Nebula taken by the James Webb Space Telescope.
Be well, stay safe.

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 26/09/2022 - 19:03
Is it wrong to say I really like this but I can't say why as I don't know but it just grabs my attention and holds it
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Flickr
Instagram

My PPG
Foundation NFT
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.