P30N stuck on self timer

dknight

Link Posted 15/11/2020 - 11:00
Hi, my Father has a P30N which is stuck on the 10 second timer function. It fires the shutter like normal after the 10 seconds, but will not go back to normal operation. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it? Thank you in advance.

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 15/11/2020 - 20:09
If I remember correctly, the timer is a simple switch. Do you mean it uses the timer even when the switch is not set to do so?
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

dknight

Link Posted 16/11/2020 - 12:11
The power and self timer are part of the same switch on the top plate. To turn on the power, you push the switch forward, to engage self timer, there is a button just infront that is then held down, and the switch is pushed forward a few more milimetres, which exposes the letters ST.
The image is with self timer mode selected. However without pressing the button or pushing the switch up to ST it still does a self timer.

womble

Link Posted 16/11/2020 - 12:28
I suspect that some corrosion or gunk has got into the switch. Perhaps its time to send it off for a CLA?
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.