over at the stables...
Posted 19/12/2010 - 15:53
Link
No 3 is superb, I'm undecided whether or not cutting out the left window makes it better? I might add some light into the "candles" as well.
The shot on the road is pretty good as well! It looks as if your daughter might be serious competition.
The shot on the road is pretty good as well! It looks as if your daughter might be serious competition.
Best regards, John
Posted 19/12/2010 - 15:59
Link
I agree with John. The window scene is just great.
David
David
Posted 19/12/2010 - 16:24
Link
Yes! the cat in the window is the one for me, well spotted ...jeff
Posted 19/12/2010 - 18:02
Link
johnriley wrote:
No 3 is superb, I'm undecided whether or not cutting out the left window makes it better? I might add some light into the "candles" as well.
The shot on the road is pretty good as well! It looks as if your daughter might be serious competition.
I thought the same - however just covering it up on-screen the shot loses the balance it has at present - personally I would keep it. But I think JR's idea for the candles is spot on !
No 3 is superb, I'm undecided whether or not cutting out the left window makes it better? I might add some light into the "candles" as well.
The shot on the road is pretty good as well! It looks as if your daughter might be serious competition.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 19/12/2010 - 19:15
Link
I love no.3, Bret. A really top quality shot. Very well executed.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 19/12/2010 - 23:24
Link
Agree with everyone, third one is great!
The car in the 2nd looks like your avatar? Did you make your daughter walk while you drove?
The car in the 2nd looks like your avatar? Did you make your daughter walk while you drove?
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 20/12/2010 - 06:53
Link
Nope, she got to stand still with a tripod (and set the shot up herself!) while I drove off to turn around and come back. She's done this before but finds video 'cooler'
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to submit 3 to PPG....
Bret
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to submit 3 to PPG....
Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
Posted 20/12/2010 - 17:48
Link
Number three is a lovely image and cute! Nice one.
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 20/12/2010 - 21:55
Link
Sorry, I had to have another shot at the cat comment,
How about 'I see cold people'
Ok I will stop now honest
The shot is very well taken and spotted in the first place - I keep changing my mind as to whether altering the pic will help or not.
I reckon that would make an excellent Christmas card.
Regards
Stu.
How about 'I see cold people'
Ok I will stop now honest
The shot is very well taken and spotted in the first place - I keep changing my mind as to whether altering the pic will help or not.
I reckon that would make an excellent Christmas card.
Regards
Stu.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1470 posts
17 years
Work: Helsinki; Home: Lahti
on the way there, taken by my daughter:
I think I'm going to use this as a christmas card
Bret
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.