Outer Hebrides - Vatersay
Posted 08/05/2018 - 14:00
Link
Love that vast emptiness.....nature untouched by man.
Best regards, John
Posted 08/05/2018 - 14:40
Link
Oh now you've gone and done it... Shown me some far superior images than anything I've ever taken with my K1...
Now I know its possible I wont be able to rest... But you could have picked somewhere closer....Lol
Now your a Pentax ambassador the pressure is on..!! And you are certainly delivering...
No7 is my favourite... Though I still think it suits a more rectangular crop.. And to lose the rock on the right bottom edge... (Just my opinion, and not in anyway a criticism. )..
Lovely set of images Bill..
Now I know its possible I wont be able to rest... But you could have picked somewhere closer....Lol
Now your a Pentax ambassador the pressure is on..!! And you are certainly delivering...
No7 is my favourite... Though I still think it suits a more rectangular crop.. And to lose the rock on the right bottom edge... (Just my opinion, and not in anyway a criticism. )..
Lovely set of images Bill..
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses
Stuart..
Stuart..
Posted 08/05/2018 - 15:20
Link
As ever, another fantastic set, your images really do seem to project a mood, ( to me anyway)
First 4 for me with 3 topping the rest.
First 4 for me with 3 topping the rest.
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 08/05/2018 - 16:10
Link
Another great set Bill; All high quality and thanks for sharing. I love the transient nature of no 3 (passing storm) and the gentleness of no 2
Andy
Posted 08/05/2018 - 21:00
Link
2, 5, 8 & 11
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 09/05/2018 - 17:19
Link
Thanks John, Phil, Stu, Derek, Andy and Gareth for having a look, thoughts and comments...
John, yes, right up there in the unspoilt department... I spent a day out on Vatersay and saw 2 people the entire day... also a very friendly dog and a number of cattle... extremely peaceful...
Stu... thanks for your thoughts on no 7... very useful... think you might have a point on both counts... will have a look...
Derek and Andy, thanks for thoughts re mood... it does tend to be what I’m aiming for, so glad that some of that is making its way off the page...
Thanks and best
John, yes, right up there in the unspoilt department... I spent a day out on Vatersay and saw 2 people the entire day... also a very friendly dog and a number of cattle... extremely peaceful...
Stu... thanks for your thoughts on no 7... very useful... think you might have a point on both counts... will have a look...
Derek and Andy, thanks for thoughts re mood... it does tend to be what I’m aiming for, so glad that some of that is making its way off the page...
Thanks and best
Posted 10/05/2018 - 21:59
Link
Thanks Bjorn...
Best
Best
Posted 10/05/2018 - 22:09
Link
I am very envious, always had a yen to visit but never got around to it. These convey the dramatic beauty and wide open spaces I have always imagined.
Posted 11/05/2018 - 11:41
Link
Thanks Rob... yes, definitely worth a visit if you can manage it at some point... quite a place...
Best
Best
Posted 11/05/2018 - 20:38
Link
One runs out of superlatives.............
David
David
Posted 11/05/2018 - 22:47
Link
These definitely have a different mood than the first series. They convey (to me) a darker and more desolate feeling. I'm sure there were all manner of moods and energies to capture!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1357 posts
14 years
It has 3 wonderful beaches: Bagh Bhatarsaigh (facing East), Traigh Siar (facing West), and Bagh a Deas (facing South). All Pentax K1 and various lenses.
1. Bagh Bhatarsaigh, Dawn. Looking North.
2. Bagh Bhatarsaigh, Sunrise, looking South.
3. Bagh Bhatarsaigh, Sunrise, looking East. Passing storm.
4. Bagh Bhatarsaigh, Sunrise, looking East. Passing storm.
5. Traigh Siar, looking West. Dawn.
6. Traigh Siar, looking West. Early morning.
7. Bagh a Deas, looking South. Sandray far distance.
8. Bagh a Deas, looking South. Sandray far distance.
9. Bagh a Deas, looking South West. Sunset. Sandray, Pabbay, Mingulay, Berneray far distance.
10. Bagh a Deas, looking South West. Sunset. Sandray, Pabbay, Mingulay, Berneray far distance.
11. Bagh a Deas, looking South. Afterglow. Sandray Far Distance.
All thoughts, comments, observations etc. gratefully received as ever...
Best
Immersive
BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook