Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Orwell Estuary Long Exposures

Nigelk
Posted 17/11/2020 - 13:49 Link
Yesterday I had my second outing with my new birthday ND filter. Below are some of my favorites from the day

1 My first one with the camera sitting on the silt was spoilt by some minor splashes from the very small and gentle waves. I kind of like it anyway.
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

5 Industries past and Present. The poles are from old oyster beds with Felixstowe Docks sitting on the horizon
Comment Image

6 I'd put everything away and was heading home but, seeing this little composition I had to stop and take a shot. I didn't need to get my filter stuff back out fortunately.
Comment Image
Lubbyman
Posted 17/11/2020 - 14:07 Link
A nice set .

I kind of like No. 1, too. The splashes add rather than detract. Of the rest, No. 3 stands out for me.

Steve
LennyBloke
Posted 17/11/2020 - 14:41 Link
Nicely done Nigel - and I have to agree with Steve, those small splashes do add to the image - it's a nice addition - Love the muted colouring of no.2 also, it really makes the "mood" of the photo for me
LennyBloke
pschlute
Posted 18/11/2020 - 00:24 Link
2+3 for me
K10D
Posted 18/11/2020 - 08:52 Link
First image is optically different, in a unique way, then 2 & 3 steal the show.

Well photographed.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
Nigelk
Posted 20/11/2020 - 20:34 Link
Thank you all for stopping by, having a look and your comments. I'd have to say 2 and 3 are my personal favorites in the set though I do have a soft spot for 5
Sry
Posted 20/11/2020 - 21:08 - Helpful Comment Link
#1 as is, Nigel - definitely speaks to me. 3's accumulative nature brings a nice sense of rythm, with the reflections playing counterpoint. And I'm with you on 5, it all comes together, past and present, here and there, wood and metal...
bforbes
Posted 20/11/2020 - 21:38 - Helpful Comment Link
Same soft spot for #5

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.