Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Orphans

cardiffgareth
Posted 26/09/2016 - 17:32 Link
davidstorm wrote:
Wow, what a great set. 5, 6 and 12 are stupendous. If you ever fancy a companion on your landscape shoots, please let me know!

Regards
David

I'll +1 this!

It's an amazing set but I wouldn't expect anything else from you! Now, this landscape photo shoot meet up, it's in Wales right?!
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 15/10/2016 - 21:49 Link
So sorry to be so late back to this thread...

Tim, Nadeem, Alistair, Andy, David J, Nigel S, Kris, Andrew, Joe, Maria, Gary: thanks all as ever for observations, comments on these... always useful to hear how things land, and what works/doesn't work for whom and why... 12 was one of those interesting ones that was a combo of light and shutter speeed... the water is brown at Crosby... but for about 10 minutes or so on the day I went (overcast, incoming tide, light onshore wind, some white foam on the breaking waves), it was backlit at just the right angle for light to bounce off the top of the water, particularly on the breaking waves... I messed about with various combinations, but settled on this one, as it keeps some definition in the water, some sense of movement, and makes it look (to me) like clouds (which is how it briefly felt for those ten minutes)...

Nigel Mc, Lenny: thanks for considered thoughts on style etc... very useful... nice to think that there is something, somewhere, somehow, however indefinable hanging it all together (sort of)...

David S, Gareth: yes, good idea... we should do that... one day... when I have an actual clue as to what on earth I might be doing more than 2 weeks or so in advance...

Thanks and best
bjolester
Posted 16/10/2016 - 16:07 Link
Thank you for sharing a very adventurous and creative collection of images!
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr
pschlute
Posted 16/10/2016 - 17:30 Link
Wow, stunning set.
richandfleur
Posted 16/10/2016 - 20:02 Link
Wow, great stuff!
Posted 18/10/2016 - 08:04 Link
Thanks all...

Best

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.