Optio W80 Anyone own one?
Posted 07/10/2009 - 22:02
Link
The W60 has the edge in picture quality apparently. Someone should chime in with a comment soon.
Posted 07/10/2009 - 22:17
Link
Are you referring to me SMC? I've been quite vocal about this in the past.
That's interesting about the picture quality of the two.
The W60 is OK (not great) but is very useful when things get wet.
Chris at Clearwater paddling has the W60 also and his site is full of beautiful pictures taken with that and his earlier Optio.
He finds that the waterproofing is fine until you get water on the lens - then the picture if compromised just like any other camera, possibly more so with such a small lens.
I find that action shots (my preference) are so difficult with the slow response times that it is almost unusable and I find myself using the K10 and hoping I don't fall over, or overboard!
That's interesting about the picture quality of the two.
The W60 is OK (not great) but is very useful when things get wet.
Chris at Clearwater paddling has the W60 also and his site is full of beautiful pictures taken with that and his earlier Optio.
He finds that the waterproofing is fine until you get water on the lens - then the picture if compromised just like any other camera, possibly more so with such a small lens.
I find that action shots (my preference) are so difficult with the slow response times that it is almost unusable and I find myself using the K10 and hoping I don't fall over, or overboard!
Posted 08/10/2009 - 18:32
Link
Well I bit the bullet and bought a W80. Struck a deal with a camera shop in York. I`m not looking for the quality of a K10 or 20 `cos thats unrealistic but so far as I can see at the moment the results are ok. I will post a pic in a while.
Cedric
Cedric
Enjoy life
Posted 09/10/2009 - 20:53
Link
Tried the W80 and yes the picture quality is no great shakes. Bit dissapointed but for a couple of hundred quid I didn`t expect too much. It will serve the purpose and when I am brave enough will take the K10 out on the water. thanks for your input, if you want high quality dont buy a W80.
Cedric
Cedric
Enjoy life
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1076 posts
17 years
East Suffolk
Cedric