Optio mx4

Toto284
Posted 03/08/2009 - 10:20 Link
I am unable to get Windows XP pro to recognise my Optio mx4. The installation disk I have says for Win 98. It also says my p.c. has insufficient this that and the other to install it. Neither can I find downloadable software to achieve this goal. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.
gartmore
Posted 03/08/2009 - 10:29 Link
When you connect your camera to your PC it should just show up in 'My Computer' as another hard drive. I dont think you need to install the accompanying software at all.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Toto284
Posted 03/08/2009 - 10:39 Link
Thanks Gartmore for that quick reply. All response to the connection of the camera is conspicuous by its absence. XP pro works perfectly, so does the Optio mx4 but together, nothing at all. No icons on start bar, nothing on windows explorer, they just not talking to each other. Gulp, more tea, another fag, camera back in box. Thanks again.
Toto284
Posted 03/08/2009 - 10:45 Link
Thinking more carefully about your reply, I tried a different lead and Voila! they are connected! thank you yours embarassedly. Toto

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo