Optio 555
Posted 19/03/2004 - 12:08
Link
Hi there
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you, I was wondering what success/ results you've had as I've had the same problem. I've also had this error while looking at pics, even though I had formatted the card & saved pics on it, every once in a while this happens, camera freezes, shuts down then can be put on again.
Did you find out what the problem was?
Many thanks
Michelle
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you, I was wondering what success/ results you've had as I've had the same problem. I've also had this error while looking at pics, even though I had formatted the card & saved pics on it, every once in a while this happens, camera freezes, shuts down then can be put on again.
Did you find out what the problem was?
Many thanks
Michelle
Quote:
My brand new 555 started fine using the 16MB card but the 128 card produces a variety of errors. First the "memory card error" appears and, following the helpful instructions from other users I duly format the card. However, although I am then able to take a pic. and this shows in the preview, the red and green lights flash and the camera freezes.
I would appreciate advice urgently from someone out there as the camera can be returned in the next couple of days if it is faulty - or is it just the card which needs to be returned?
Gill
My brand new 555 started fine using the 16MB card but the 128 card produces a variety of errors. First the "memory card error" appears and, following the helpful instructions from other users I duly format the card. However, although I am then able to take a pic. and this shows in the preview, the red and green lights flash and the camera freezes.
I would appreciate advice urgently from someone out there as the camera can be returned in the next couple of days if it is faulty - or is it just the card which needs to be returned?
Gill
Posted 22/03/2004 - 15:56
Link
Yes, I did find the answer. The 128MB memory card was faulty and I understand this is quite a common problem. I bought a further 128 card and, when this worked perfectly I was able to return the original one for replacement. Now I am super abundant in memory but have a camera which is creating wonderful results. Gill
Posted 15/12/2004 - 20:59
Link
I've had the same issue and am currently trying to solve it. I've already posted this (probably in the wrong place but I've just spotted this now so here goes...)
Camera: Optio 555
Memory Card: Billionton SD 256MB
Issue: Recurring Memory Card Error
* 5th Dec - Bought camera, brought it home, kept getting Memory Card Error - Reformatted - Still got error. The camera just shuts down when the error occurs. No error with the 16MB card that came with the camera.
* 6th Dec - Returned to shop. Got a new Billionton 256MB. Brought camera home. Got Memory Card Error. Reformatted. Got Memory Card Error.
* 11th Dec - Left camera in to shop so that it could be looked at.
* 15th Dec - Told camera was ok though couldn't check it in the shop as the battery was depleted. Brought camera home, recharged it, took 1 photo - Memory Card Error.
I'm currently looking for info on the web to see if Billionton is compatible with the Optio 555 (On their site they only mention the Optio S as far as I can see). I'm new to digital cameras so maybe it has nothing to do with the camera but my first experience has not been a good one.
At the start I didn't mind losing the photos in an attempt to troubleshoot the issue but I bought the camera as I'm going on hols in 6 days.
All information would be greatly appreciated as I'm a bit sick of it now. All I've gotten for my AUD1024 (camera, card, case) is hassle.
Camera: Optio 555
Memory Card: Billionton SD 256MB
Issue: Recurring Memory Card Error
* 5th Dec - Bought camera, brought it home, kept getting Memory Card Error - Reformatted - Still got error. The camera just shuts down when the error occurs. No error with the 16MB card that came with the camera.
* 6th Dec - Returned to shop. Got a new Billionton 256MB. Brought camera home. Got Memory Card Error. Reformatted. Got Memory Card Error.
* 11th Dec - Left camera in to shop so that it could be looked at.
* 15th Dec - Told camera was ok though couldn't check it in the shop as the battery was depleted. Brought camera home, recharged it, took 1 photo - Memory Card Error.
I'm currently looking for info on the web to see if Billionton is compatible with the Optio 555 (On their site they only mention the Optio S as far as I can see). I'm new to digital cameras so maybe it has nothing to do with the camera but my first experience has not been a good one.
At the start I didn't mind losing the photos in an attempt to troubleshoot the issue but I bought the camera as I'm going on hols in 6 days.
All information would be greatly appreciated as I'm a bit sick of it now. All I've gotten for my AUD1024 (camera, card, case) is hassle.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1 posts
22 years
Hampshire
I would appreciate advice urgently from someone out there as the camera can be returned in the next couple of days if it is faulty - or is it just the card which needs to be returned?
Gill