Opps! Pardon me - (Geese)
Posted 28/04/2009 - 21:32
Link
Nice set of photos Jackie. Looks like the little nature reserve at Sutterton.
The older I get the faster I was.
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Posted 29/04/2009 - 08:53
Link
Yes it is, I got side tracked on my way back from the Boston docks where I had gone to do a shoot - I can't seem to keep away from birds these days.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 29/04/2009 - 09:38
Link
Nice shots Jackie.... you were lucky and brave to get so close. No sign of any purple fringing which often appears shooting almost into the sun around water.... What lens did you use?
Why doesn't PS include the lens in the Exif?
shim
Why doesn't PS include the lens in the Exif?
shim
Posted 29/04/2009 - 14:14
Link
shim wrote:
Nice shots Jackie.... you were lucky and brave to get so close. No sign of any purple fringing which often appears shooting almost into the sun around water.... What lens did you use?
Why doesn't PS include the lens in the Exif?
shim
I was shooting down which helps with the sun if not the composition Nice shots Jackie.... you were lucky and brave to get so close. No sign of any purple fringing which often appears shooting almost into the sun around water.... What lens did you use?
Why doesn't PS include the lens in the Exif?
shim
The lens was an old Pentax 28-80mm FA 3.5-4.7 that I have recently pulled the cobwebs off wondering if I would sell it. Now I have used it I have decided it is not for sale, who knows I may even find a use for the motorised zoom feature.
Not sure what happens to the Exif, sometimes it is there and sometimes it does not show or does not show everything. They were taken RAW but have only been cropped and sharpened so I have no idea what happened to it - having said that I need slap on the wrist for not saying they were taken with the K20 and the 28-80mm lens.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 29/04/2009 - 14:44
Link
Thanks Jackie, I've still got the 28-70mm f/4 I'll have to try that with the K10D I've only used it with film. Possibly it's the longer lenses (300mm)that have trouble with the sun and water. Just out of curiosity I once took a shot of the reflection of the sun in water and although it burnt out the rest of the shot was perfect, no purple anywhere.
It's not just your shots that don't show the lens used when passed through PS I've never seen any where the lens data apart from f no. have been passed through. Maybe Pentax need to have a word with Adobe and get it fixed. Unless it's PhotoMe, but it picks it up off jpegs that have come from the camera ok.
shim
It's not just your shots that don't show the lens used when passed through PS I've never seen any where the lens data apart from f no. have been passed through. Maybe Pentax need to have a word with Adobe and get it fixed. Unless it's PhotoMe, but it picks it up off jpegs that have come from the camera ok.
shim
Posted 29/04/2009 - 14:51
Link
I have noticed that if I use a Sigma that appears in Lightroom but some of the Pentax lens do not, I just thought that because most of my Pentax lens are old that they did not carry the necessary giggery pokery to be read by the software and indeed it may be as simple as that.
Have to say I have only recently discovered Exif and useful it is too but I am sure it will be more so when I have become more educated in reading them.
Have to say I have only recently discovered Exif and useful it is too but I am sure it will be more so when I have become more educated in reading them.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


667 posts
18 years
Near Spalding,
Lincs.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Thordell/Wildlife/Action1.jpg[/IMG]
OK OK I'm going as quick as I can
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Thordell/Wildlife/Action2.jpg[/IMG]
Phew, that was close!
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Thordell/Wildlife/Action3.jpg[/IMG]
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500