Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

online photography development

bigcog
Posted 25/06/2008 - 13:56 Link
Hi

Does anyone have recommendations for places that are good for development online, and are good on the colour reproduction and brightness. I have used Photobox but the colours don't seem that accurate, and they seem a bit dark. Family have found the same.
K10D - Pentax 18-55mm kit - Pentax DA 55-300mm - Pentax FA 50mm 1.4
MX - Pentax-M 50mm 1.7, Pentax-M 28mm 2.8, Pentax-M 100mm 2.8
My Flickr Photostream
hefty1
Posted 25/06/2008 - 14:02 Link
I don't use an online service so I can't help much there, but if you have a branch of Snappy Snaps nearby then I can heartily recommend them (and judging by the number of awards they seem to win I'm not alone!).

They do an 'order-online-collect-in-store' service which may suit your needs, website's at www.snappysnaps.co.uk
Joining the Q
mikew
Posted 25/06/2008 - 14:06 Link
These boys seem to take it seriously and are well recommended. When I need some BIG prints they are the ones I'll try. The even provide the ICC (?) profile for their printer.

http://www.proamimaging.com/index.html

Mike
bigcog
Posted 28/06/2008 - 09:27 Link
i'll try a test of some prints on that one mikew. i have just done some prints in the last week from photobox which to me are way too dark. so i ordered some of the same prints from snapfish and they are much better. the pictures are about the right brightness. So more detail is visible, and the photo's seem to pick up more detail anyway. My indoor no flash shots from snapfish for one or two pics have rendered the skin tones a bit off, making the skins look slightly like shiny plastecine, if that makes sense. I think I'll be trying a few tests out from different suppliers so will post back with the results. On the whole so far though I would place snapfish way ahead of photobox for brightness and detail, but not quite there on colour.
K10D - Pentax 18-55mm kit - Pentax DA 55-300mm - Pentax FA 50mm 1.4
MX - Pentax-M 50mm 1.7, Pentax-M 28mm 2.8, Pentax-M 100mm 2.8
My Flickr Photostream
simonkit
Posted 28/06/2008 - 09:34 Link
I use photobox at the moment but am also looking elsewhere..

These guys have been recommended to me, they supply ICC profiles which is a big help - prices are very good too.
I print quite a lot at 18x12" & Photobox charge £5.99, DSCL charge £0.99

http://www.dscolourlabs.co.uk/index.cfm

I'll be using them for my next order so will post my "results"

simon

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.