One Object, One Moment Simultaneous Upload - Just for fun!

emmak22

Link Posted 19/10/2012 - 14:19
The Spanish Pentax user community have invited you to take part in an online photography upload competition, just for fun.

The idea is to upload an image of the specified theme or object all at the same time, all over the world.

The Spanish Pantax User community, or the Pentaxeros, as they have come to be called, would like as many Pentax users around the world as possible to take part in this event.

The next online gathering is Saturday 20 October 2012 at 6:00 Spanish time, with the theme of 'Footwear'. All you have to do is upload a picture within five minutes before and five minutes after 6:00pm, in the forum here at Pentax User. You can submit either at 6:00 pm GMT, or 6:00 pm CET, at your convenience.

Let's see how many Pentax users we can get posting an image!

emmak22

Link Posted 19/10/2012 - 14:53
Here is the Pentaxeros page, with details of the last just for fun competition. There are some good photos, even if you can't read Spanish!

DrOrloff

Link Posted 20/10/2012 - 10:06
I like the idea but the above is not how it is described on another forum. There it says that there is a ten minute window to takethe photo, which can then be uploaded later.

That to me seems more sensible than just a simulataneous upload of shots taken at any time.

From Pentaxeros:

- OBJETO A FOTOGRAFÍAR: "CALZADO"; Puede ser cualquier objeto cuya función específica sea servir de calzado: zapato, bota, zapatilla... . Aislado, con más elementos, uno o muchos... etc. Sólo se presentará una foto por persona. Cada fotografía irá acompañada con un texto explicativo sobre dónde se hizo y porqué se ha optado por dicha foto.

- FECHA: SÁBADO 20 DE OCTUBRE DE 2012.

- HORA: 18,00 h. Se dispone de un margen de 5 minutos antes y 5 minutos después de la hora acordada para realizar la foto. Recordad que debéis ajustar vuestro reloj y el reloj de la cámara de fotos.

I won't translate it verbatim, but is says that the subject is footwear, one photo accompanied by a narrative on location and the choice of subject. The photo taken between 17:55 and 18:05 Spanish time or local equivalent.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.