One from this morning

techno-terminator

Link Posted 14/09/2010 - 17:18
of the 50 [ !! ] I took this morning during the 45 mins when it was dry, this is the one I keep going back to . It was taken purely to please me - I just liked the colours . There's just something about it . The wind dropped quite a bit and so I pressed the button.

let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

Mannesty

Link Posted 14/09/2010 - 18:26
Beautiful colours but I would try a crop, square if necessary, that includes only the three main blooms and the buds above it.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

techno-terminator

Link Posted 14/09/2010 - 18:47
As yet I haven't tweaked any of them

Yes I was considering cropping this one , but it's not been done yet

I've another similar one in different colours - I'll try it on that one and see how it looks .

Thanks

snappychappy

Link Posted 14/09/2010 - 18:59
I would crop it closer and try the shot again, but this time place a black piece of card between the flowers and the wall.
My piccies.

techno-terminator

Link Posted 14/09/2010 - 19:04
here's the other one - the colours are not nearly as attractive

I'd go back like a shot - but it really does depend on weather - this was taken in the Old Stables Courtyard at Pollock Country Park . If it's dry tomorrow I'll have another go [ hmmm have I got any black card in the house ? ] Thursday I haven't a chance - there's a rather Important Visitor arriving in Glasgow and the City will be gridlocked

Mannesty

Link Posted 14/09/2010 - 19:11
TT, that one is massively over exposed.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

techno-terminator

Link Posted 14/09/2010 - 19:18
here's the first one again .

I'll agree with a black background this one would really leap out at you . I think the colours are really fantastic

Peter - I had played with the second one slightly - I'll put on the original

techno-terminator

Link Posted 14/09/2010 - 19:25
Here's the second one - straight from the camera

It just does not have the appeal of the other one

Mannesty

Link Posted 14/09/2010 - 20:34
The crop of the first one is much better IMHO. The second one is not such a good subject, primarily because of the damage/decay to the right hand bloom.

There is more detail in the original of the second one in comparison to your 'played with' version.

To improve it, you might increase the saturation to make the pinks more pink.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

techno-terminator

Link Posted 14/09/2010 - 21:09
The pinks weren't really a defined pink - they were pretty washed out There were 4 pots of these - all in different shades . The white and lilac ones were past their best , the deep red ones wouldn't stay still so I got these two.

I've really enjoyed getting these shots - I didn't think I would be quite so fascinated by them - roll on next year when hopefully, I'll be able to get much better shots of them

fatspider

Link Posted 14/09/2010 - 22:34
Crop is much better, the wall isn't that bad and its nicely out of focus, if I may suggest, a slight tweak to the levels will brighten it up a bit.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

aliengrove

Link Posted 15/09/2010 - 00:13
I really like the crop of the first one, the colours are lovely!
Flurble

My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook

gartmore

Link Posted 15/09/2010 - 08:59
I hope you don't mind my mucking about. I adjusted the levels and increased the saturation in every channel except green and yellow. I then created a new layer to darken the corners slightly with a vignette and applied some gaussian blur to that level as well. Finally a touch of USM.

Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Gwyn

Link Posted 15/09/2010 - 09:33
I like the crop of the first one the best, the wall is a good oof background, but I must admit I do like Ken's Messing about the most .

You have to get brave T-T and start playing with your PSE or other software.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.