On the Road - Humans

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 28/11/2018 - 20:46
Thanks Derek, Peter, Nigel, John W, Rob, Darron, DSP, Andy, Gary, Serge, Stuart, Bjorn, John K for thoughts and comments re these... much appreciated as ever...

Peter, yes, have been weekly touring for much of the last two years with various different plays, which means a new town/city every week... a lot of travelling, but a lot of opportunities to get out and about... have very much enjoyed the random element of what you tend to bump into, and what catches your eye...

John... re location... was taken on my walk into the city centre from my digs, but you're probably right actually... around Edgbaston and the Birmingham Canal Old Line...

Gary... interesting... haven't seen it, but know what you mean... there's a lurking darkness to this...

Stuart... thanks for detailed thoughts... will have a look at a B&W as suggested... I tend not to go mono very often (not really a choice, just don't seem to think of it)... also interesting point you make re Milton Keynes... the original crop I had on this was very tight indeed, just around the man, umbrella and bridge, but the resolution/imperceptible subject movement meant it wasn't quite as sharp as I would have liked, so came back out again... there might well be a halfway house though, so will have a look...

Nigel, Derek, Serge, Gary, Andy thanks for thoughts re content and composition... always appreciated...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

LennyBloke

Link Posted 29/11/2018 - 09:56
Absolutely love the variety in these images, they may not be a "set" in the traditional sense (one doesn't link/flow directly into the next) but they group together so well it would suit your own gallery space. Quality, observation, framing are all up to your usual standards - as previously mentioned, I don't think we would all see these images when out and about!
The only criticism - and it is just my personal view, and as such probably not right - is the cropping on a few, I think some removal of top and/or bottom on some would give more focus and impact.

If I had to give one word to sum up these it would be...

.inspiring!

Thanks for sharing
LennyBloke

davidstorm

Link Posted 29/11/2018 - 19:44
A very interesting and varied set, I enjoy all of them by 'Blackpool' and 'Rhyl' stand out to my eye.

Thanks for posting such excellent content as always Bill!

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 29/11/2018 - 22:16
That opening image
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 28-105mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 105mm - Pentax FA 35mm f2 - Tokina 20-35mm, Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr

My 500px

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 03/12/2018 - 00:34
Thanks John, David and Gareth for thoughts and comments re these... much appreciated as ever... John, thanks for detailed thoughts... always appreciated...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

davidtrout

Link Posted 03/12/2018 - 09:19
Lovely set of images, the opening scene at Sheffield is dramatic, the silhouetted figures and birds at Rhyl really appeals to me but each and everyone of these is a masterpiece. Visiting new and varied locations, as you do with our job, certainly inspires you.

David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 03/12/2018 - 23:07
Thanks David... yes, the travelling has actually been very useful on the photographic front... wasn't at all sure if it would be, but have found it's possible to adapt subject matter a fair bit to fit the times/places I can physically get out with a camera... been good fun...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.