On-line Digital Prints
Posted 19/07/2004 - 21:08
Link
Dave,
I've tried a few and my favourite place is www.photobox.co.uk
Stunning quality, excellent prices, and super fast turn-around.
Although they use sRGB JPGs, you can upload very high quality images (they don't re-JPG like the Pixology based services ), and they don't apply "correction" algorithms, just print what you send them.
Let me know what you think!
Matt
I've tried a few and my favourite place is www.photobox.co.uk
Stunning quality, excellent prices, and super fast turn-around.
Although they use sRGB JPGs, you can upload very high quality images (they don't re-JPG like the Pixology based services ), and they don't apply "correction" algorithms, just print what you send them.
Let me know what you think!
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 19/07/2004 - 23:30
Link
As above. V happy with results.
Posted 22/07/2004 - 21:15
Link
You can find my review on-line at:
http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews_online_print_services_update_2004.php
In short, I found photobox.co.uk and ofoto.co.uk to be the best ones.
http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews_online_print_services_update_2004.php
In short, I found photobox.co.uk and ofoto.co.uk to be the best ones.
Posted 26/01/2010 - 16:11
Link
I may be only the one unhappy with photobox. I have ordered 700 prints 6 months ago. They have been delivered to different address, 2 miles away from my current address. After 7 phone calls they finally arrived. Delivery man was looking for them for a half day. Unfortunately 50 % were very dark and quality was very poor. Previously I was very happy with photobox but not this time!!
Posted 26/01/2010 - 16:13
Link
OMG just realized how old is this post!!!
Posted 26/01/2010 - 19:53
Link
I guess things have changed in the intervening six years!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


227 posts
22 years
UK