Old Warden 20th Sept

RobE17
Posted 02/10/2008 - 18:31 Link
Here are a few photos that I took last week at the Old Warden Evening Air Display - it was also the maiden outing of my new DA* 300mm and the first time I have used a prime at an airshow. All the images were taken in JPEG, I'm just starting to play about with RAW. They were taken with my K20D on the Premium picture setting.
Hope you all enjoy the photos.

Rob

[IMG]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr139/RobbieB_album/IMGP6144.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr139/RobbieB_album/IMGP6170.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr139/RobbieB_album/IMGP6304.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr139/RobbieB_album/IMGP6276.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr139/RobbieB_album/IMGP6209.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr139/RobbieB_album/IMGP6248.jpg[/IMG]
tobyed
Posted 02/10/2008 - 19:12 Link
Very nice shots of some beautiful machines.
I think it's worth reading up on using RAW - you can attain much sharper shots than the premium jpeg settings (on my K10d at least).

Toby
womble
Posted 02/10/2008 - 19:35 Link
Very nice photos indeed. The only thing I would suggest is a tiny bit of curves adjustment for the first Spitfire photo so that the plane is a little less dark but you retain the colour in the sky.

Thanks for showing them to us. Looks like the 300* is a winner.

Cheers, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
fatspider
Posted 02/10/2008 - 23:06 Link
These Airfix kits are just amazing, and I cant even see the string

Nice shots Rob, I'd have been happy with any one of them. Looks like the 300mm is going to earn its keep.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
RobE17
Posted 03/10/2008 - 09:21 Link
Thanks for all of your comments folks, much appreciated.

Rob
gartmore
Posted 03/10/2008 - 13:56 Link
impotentspider wrote:
These Airfix kits are just amazing, and I cant even see the string

Nice shots Rob, I'd have been happy with any one of them. Looks like the 300mm is going to earn its keep.
I know how this is done, you suspend the model from the nose and put the camera on its side - no one looks for the string there
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo