Now these are wildlife pics
Posted 12/08/2013 - 09:05
Link
Really fantastic shots, and movies. Bit disappointed that some were taken with a remote buggy but great never the less. They're in S.A. but bring back memories of my 2005 camping holiday on the Mara in Kenya. I'd love to go again as there's nothing like the real thing.
CHEERS Vic.
P.S. Have a quick look at my Picasa site.
Vic.
CHEERS Vic.
P.S. Have a quick look at my Picasa site.
Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Posted 12/08/2013 - 09:26
Link
NG do some incredible stuff
I have a set of 3 NG DVDs called "Most Amazing Photos" which documents their most incredible wildlife shots with interviews with the photographers and film crews following them on the shoots etc - absolutely fascinating viewing - the planning and the lengths they go to to get the shots are truly incredible.
You can pick up a copy for less than £10 if interested - well worth the money
Carl
I have a set of 3 NG DVDs called "Most Amazing Photos" which documents their most incredible wildlife shots with interviews with the photographers and film crews following them on the shoots etc - absolutely fascinating viewing - the planning and the lengths they go to to get the shots are truly incredible.
You can pick up a copy for less than £10 if interested - well worth the money
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 12/08/2013 - 09:27
Link
vic cross wrote:
Bit disappointed that some were taken with a remote buggy but great never the less.
It would have been a brave photographer to have walked that close to them and shot them with a wide angle lens! I don't see that it matters that a remote buggy was used; it allowed the photographer to capture shots that would otherwise have been impossible.
Bit disappointed that some were taken with a remote buggy but great never the less.
Posted 12/08/2013 - 17:21
Link
Wow, stunning photos. He must have either been outside the Park, or had special permission for the night time photos. Serengeti is very strict on after dark movements by humans.
Top of the to do list when I win the lottery is a return trip .
vic cross wrote:
They're in S.A. but bring back memories of my 2005 camping holiday on the Mara in Kenya. I'd love to go again as there's nothing like the real thing.
CHEERS Vic.
They are in Tanzania, in the Serengeti, which is the same habiitat and range as teh Mara, just the bigger chunk of it.They're in S.A. but bring back memories of my 2005 camping holiday on the Mara in Kenya. I'd love to go again as there's nothing like the real thing.
CHEERS Vic.
Top of the to do list when I win the lottery is a return trip .
Posted 12/08/2013 - 20:00
Link
I'm not surprised photo 3 looks angry, his mood was 'interrupted' har har!
Fantastic shots.
Fantastic shots.
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


7671 posts
17 years
Smegland
Interactive feature
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/serengeti-lion/index.html#.Ugg4sm22_2Q
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283