Not getting out much.

vic cross

Link Posted 25/08/2016 - 08:39
As some of you know I'm not getting out much just now so I thought I'd put a couple up from my archives.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

AndrewA

Link Posted 25/08/2016 - 13:33
vic cross wrote:
As some of you know I'm not getting out much just now so I thought I'd put a couple up from my archives.
CHEERS Vic.

Hi Vic, how are things?
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

Teaka53

Link Posted 25/08/2016 - 14:08
All the best Vic
Malc

vic cross

Link Posted 25/08/2016 - 20:18
Thanks Malc.

Andrew. As a few now know my wife "Sheila" had quite a bad stroke on 3rd July and can't really be left alone so various things have happened. I've had to cancel two holidays etc. So I just have to stay at home with her. We have very good friends however and they help me out with her. The two wives came one day to sit with her while the two husbands took me to the pub at lunch time for a couple of pints.
We're getting there. It's mainly memory loss. She can talk and read but forgets words and doesn't understand what she is reading.
Anyway enough of that. I'll just have to look for some more old photos to bore you all with.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

AndrewA

Link Posted 26/08/2016 - 19:27
vic cross wrote:

Andrew. As a few now know my wife "Sheila" had quite a bad stroke on 3rd July and can't really be left alone so various things have happened. I've had to cancel two holidays etc. So I just have to stay at home with her. We have very good friends however and they help me out with her. The two wives came one day to sit with her while the two husbands took me to the pub at lunch time for a couple of pints.
We're getting there. It's mainly memory loss. She can talk and read but forgets words and doesn't understand what she is reading.
Anyway enough of that. I'll just have to look for some more old photos to bore you all with.
CHEERS Vic.

Hi Vic,

Really very sorry to hear about Sheila, and I hope that things continue to improve for you both. Sounds like she is a lucky lady what with you and your friends to support her.

Plus there is nothing boring about your photos, but would like to see some pics of your bike!

Cheers, Andrew
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

Blythman

Link Posted 26/08/2016 - 19:42
Best wishes Vic. Life chucks some hard times at people. Glad you've got good support.
Alan

PPG
Flickr

vic cross

Link Posted 27/08/2016 - 05:50
Thanks Alan.
Andrew. This is the only one I can find of my little 1988 Honda 250 CD U. I took this photo myself for some daft reason. You'll notice I've got my hairy bandana on? that is not my real hair. I only use it when the sun shines. I haven't been to Mallory this year to watch my sons friend race in the Roadstock class. My son organises the team and does the mechanicing for him. Anyway with still one round to go he has won the championship in his class. On a brighter note Sheila has asked if we can both go to the last meeting. When we were young we used to go to motorcycle racing so there must be something in there telling her it might be a day out?????

CHEERS Vic.

vic cross

Link Posted 27/08/2016 - 05:53
Hopefully the image will come up this time. Vic.

Stuey

Link Posted 27/08/2016 - 12:04
I'm sorry to hear of your problems Vic, however, with the support you have things will be a little easier.

I like the bandana wiggy thing

I like the bike too
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

K10D

Link Posted 27/08/2016 - 21:14
You've a positive attitude Vic and fortunate to have others involved with support during this time.

I must however comment on your picture.

Seriously Vic, you need an earth cable on that garage door. The static is well excessive.

....and by the way, the term "hairy bandanna" has just made my evening!

Best regards and wishes

OldTaffy

Link Posted 28/08/2016 - 12:42
vic cross wrote:
On a brighter note Sheila has asked if we can both go to the last meeting. When we were young we used to go to motorcycle racing so there must be something in there telling her it might be a day out?????

CHEERS Vic.

Then let's look forward to the day when you can both go to a race meeting together.

Best wishes to you both.

Martin
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

vic cross

Link Posted 29/08/2016 - 01:00
Hi Martin. My son has just asked me to do some promotional photos of the bike and trophies for the various small sponsors that help. Then I have to get them printed A3 size for them. Sheila knows the rider "WIGGY" and has made hanging baskets for outside his factory in orange flowers which are his racing colours. She has expressed an interest in going with me even though she is not into photography.
She's beginning to show interest in things gone by.
CHEERS Vic.

OldTaffy

Link Posted 29/08/2016 - 12:33
That is very encouraging, Vic.

My own wife had a small stroke just over two years ago, but luckily it was caught very promptly and she soon began to recover her vision. She now seems fully recovered. As you say, one needs to be patient, for quite a while if necessary. Best regards,

Martin
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

vic cross

Link Posted 29/08/2016 - 13:20
Thanks for those encouraging words Martin. Sometimes there seems to me to be no improvement for days but to others who have not seen Sheila for a few days there seems to be a big improvement. Then suddenly she will wake up one morning and she does something new. Physically she has been fairly good from day 5. Still a little lack of coordination but on the whole quite good. Speech is back but misses the last word and can't remember what she was about to say. SO she says "SOD IT " thumps the chair and tries again. She gets fixated on a word or a number and can't get it out of her head and keeps repeating it in every sentance. She's a 78 year old with a 78 year old thinking brain that has a 2 year old in there that still needs a lot of teaching and patience. The point is she knows the problem and that is half the battle.
CHEERS Vic.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.