Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Northern Landscapes

Father Ted
Posted 13/05/2011 - 19:58 Link
A couple more from my stay in Cumbria a couple of weeks back.
This was taken at the top of the Ingleton Falls, (more of the falls to follow later ).
Comment Image

And this is a famous view from Kirby Lonsdale , "Ruskins View".
I tried to avoid it as it is probably cliched, but, in the end, I gave in.
Comment Image

C&C welcome.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Father Ted
Posted 16/05/2011 - 12:27 Link
Nobody likes them then?

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Gwyn
Posted 16/05/2011 - 12:34 Link
First time I've seen them .

The colours too saturated for my liking, and whilst compositionally correct I find them a tad boring I'm afraid.

I have taken plenty of photos like this, so I know how tempting they are, but somehow the photo just doesn't do justice to what you see.
Sorry .
Blythman
Posted 16/05/2011 - 12:37 Link
Hi Ted

Whilst the skies in both are wonderful, I'm not sure you've captured either scene at their best. Of course I don't know the limitations you were working with in respect of choosing your viewpoint.

In the first one perhaps you could have got down lower to better utilise the water as a lead in. Alternatively moved to the left and used the path to lead the eye in.

In the second one the LH side seems to be cut off. Is it possible to see the river bank?

I do know that it can be challenging on the tops to make an in camera scene that matches what the eye sees, as it is often quite barren. I usually fail anyway
Alan

PPG
Flickr
AstraNine
Posted 16/05/2011 - 12:44 Link
Well personally I think they're both fantastic! The only thing better would be larger versions.
Sean282
Posted 16/05/2011 - 12:59 Link
My thoughts would be that the sky is just not dramatic enough in both shots for my taste.

I would take my opinions with a pinch of salt because I'm not sure I trust them myself.
Father Ted
Posted 16/05/2011 - 13:00 Link
Thanks guys.
No need for "sorry" Gwyn. I asked for C&C

I hadn't thought of using the path as a lead in alan. I was concentrating on the water, but I see what you mean. I was on a bridge, so getting a lower perspective would have been...interesting

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.