Non Pentax camera with Pentax lenses
Posted 28/07/2013 - 10:16
Link
Interesting question, I still have a nice collection of Pentax M and A lenses but no body (for now........)
Posted 28/07/2013 - 10:23
Link
You only have to ask to find out the answer!
Pentax lenses have been used on other bodies for decades, be it screw mount lenses on Practica or lenses via adapters on any camera you care to mention. But the only other factor then was the film.
These days of course it's not only the lens that influences the quality - the body has a huge bearing on this. So as a mainstream pursuit we're interested here in Pentax cameras and lenses. However, if you want to show us your images taken with Pentax lenses do so, but put some sort of explanation in because the EXIF may be picked up and they just might get removed.
In terms of competitions, then Pentax bodies only I'm afraid, anything else would quickly become unmanageable. In this instance any make of lens can be used on your Pentax camera.
If you remember the name of the site is Pentax User you won't go far astray.
Pentax lenses have been used on other bodies for decades, be it screw mount lenses on Practica or lenses via adapters on any camera you care to mention. But the only other factor then was the film.
These days of course it's not only the lens that influences the quality - the body has a huge bearing on this. So as a mainstream pursuit we're interested here in Pentax cameras and lenses. However, if you want to show us your images taken with Pentax lenses do so, but put some sort of explanation in because the EXIF may be picked up and they just might get removed.
In terms of competitions, then Pentax bodies only I'm afraid, anything else would quickly become unmanageable. In this instance any make of lens can be used on your Pentax camera.
If you remember the name of the site is Pentax User you won't go far astray.
Best regards, John
Posted 28/07/2013 - 10:39
Link
Cheers John, thought I would ask, still playing about with it at the moment as I only picked it up last night but as soon as I have some pics will let you know.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


996 posts
14 years
Staffordshire Moorlands
But the question is, I have bought an adaptor so I can fit my Pentax lenses to it, but would the photos be allowed to be shown or welcomed on here?
I personally cannot see an issue as surely it is only like using non Pentax lenses on a Pentax camera except in reverse:
I would like to know what you think and if anybody else uses Pentax lenses on a other camera.