Nikon 6T closeup lens.

Banjo

Link Posted 31/08/2010 - 01:54
Things are so quiet here that I thought I might liven it up a little.

I stumbled upon a Nikon 6T supplementary lens the other day and , last weekend being sunny, teamed it up with an SMC Takumar 4.5/85-210 zoom (with the help of step-up rings) and an Asahi Pentax SP-F with some Fuji Superia Extra 400 ISO film and took it for a stroll around the local botanic garden.

Well, the film is with the processors for a D&P, so I don't yet know what the results were exactly, but it looked good through the viewfinder.

The zoom gave me approximately .25x to .6x magnification, which was great for flower-sized subject matter.

So far, very satisfied.

womble

Link Posted 31/08/2010 - 07:32
I'll be interested to see the results! Sounds an intriguing set-up.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Last Edited by womble on 31/08/2010 - 07:33

hefty1

Link Posted 31/08/2010 - 23:47
Funnily enough I also bought a set of close up lenses for my (new to me) Yashica-Mat on eBay this week, but they haven't arrived yet. Looking forward to giving them a run out though!

I did take some photos back in May this year with a Hama-branded +2 diopter. Quite impressed with the results - no really noticeable drop-off in sharpness but of course the depth of field is tiny as with any macro lens.

This was shot with the Spotmatic/Takumar 58mm/Ilford FP4+/Hama +2 close up lens:

Not a great photo (and honeysuckle looks better in colour!) but shows what can be achieved with even a fairly cheap and cheerful filter.
Joining the Q

Banjo

Link Posted 01/09/2010 - 07:01
Recently, using an Asahi Pentax S1, I added a cheap (junkshop Aus$5-00) 2xTC to an Asahi Pentax Auto 2/55 lens and topped it off with a cheap (photo market Aus $2-00) +3 diopter supplementary lens (resulting in an approximately 0.3x magnification).

The 6"x4" enlargements were quite acceptable to my eyes (but then, I'm probably not that fussy).
Last Edited by Banjo on 01/09/2010 - 07:04

hefty1

Link Posted 01/09/2010 - 08:51
Banjo wrote:
The 6"x4" enlargements were quite acceptable to my eyes (but then, I'm probably not that fussy).

Nor me!

It'll be interesting to know if a "branded" filter makes any appreciable difference to the quality of the final image though. I look forward to hearing your verdict when the pictures come back.
Joining the Q

Banjo

Link Posted 06/09/2010 - 01:17
Well, the prints are back (only 6"x4") and I'm blown out of the water, they are very good (to my eyes)!

Colour rendition is excellent, sharpness is very acceptable, the out of focus areas are filmy-gauzy and smooth, very pleasing. Wih the light fall-off, some backgounds almost looked as if they were a dark velvet backdrop behind the subject (flowers). It was so good that I spent much of Sunday having another go (results back tomorrow).

(I'm having some of the images enlarged to around 8"x12" for framing.)

Very happy!

I'm only sorry that I am unable to post any images due to not having the required gear, sorry!

hefty1

Link Posted 06/09/2010 - 11:43
It's a shame you can't post some results but I'm glad you're happy with them.
Joining the Q

Banjo

Link Posted 08/09/2010 - 00:55
Got my second set of prints: just as good as the first!

Arranged to have a couple of frames out of the first set blown up to 8"x12" and framed for hanging on the wall.
Last Edited by Banjo on 08/09/2010 - 00:55

Banjo

Link Posted 13/09/2010 - 05:41
Banjo wrote:
Got my second set of prints: just as good as the first!

Arranged to have a couple of frames out of the first set blown up to 8"x12" and framed for hanging on the wall.

Got my 8"x12" prints (framed) and hanging on the wall at home. Only one word for it: excellent! (I'm sure the experts could pull them to pieces, but I'm quite content .)
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.