Nicholas Cameras

RobL

Link Posted 04/02/2019 - 13:20
My Norwegian pal took this photo on a London trip, inside this shop in Camden:
http://abdallah.hiof.no/london-2018/html/20181029_120106.html
Apparently it has a large display of used Pentax gear although only twelve items are listed on their website. I donít know anything about the place but if you are in the area it might be worth a look.

Algernon

Link Posted 04/02/2019 - 13:32
Well known shop. Used to be excellent, but had a bad name a few years back.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 04/02/2019 - 16:38
I thought it had disappeared.... used to advertise in the back of AP..
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

RobL

Link Posted 04/02/2019 - 16:48
Not the only place to stop advertising in AP!

spinno

Link Posted 04/02/2019 - 20:53
Used to be "don't touch it with a bargepole" and inside was like a photographic Steptoe's Yard. Do we know if it's under new management?
David

jeallen01

Link Posted 04/02/2019 - 21:00
Nicholas Cameras AP ads were awful endless and rarely updated lists of "stuff", much of which appeared to not actually be available if you bothered to enquire - and, IIRC, there were many reports of comments of awful "customer service" if you ever actually dared to venture into the physical shop!

Most successful "bricks & mortar" retailers have a substantial on-line presence which brings in both on-line sales, and "feet on the ground" customers in their stores as generated by their on-line and in-magazine ads.

Thus, vendors like Nicholas were/are living in the "dark ages" of photo-kit sales
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!) - and now a K-70 from SRS

pschlute

Link Posted 04/02/2019 - 23:41
Wow, an Aladin's cave of treasures. I am sure all those cameras stored without caps will be just fine.
Peter

My Flickr page
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.