News from Pentax
Posted 07/09/2008 - 17:40
Link
The 60-250 costs so much because it is awesome, will have stunning quality compared to any of the 70-200s and is designed for full frame. Thats right, if any of you have been keeping up with the sneak preview photos, they have changed the shape completely recently in the realisation that they need to prepare for a possible move to full frame in the future.
that means lots of glass and a massive heavy lens.
i cant wait
that means lots of glass and a massive heavy lens.
i cant wait
Posted 10/09/2008 - 07:27
Link
I just had a danish magazine this week. They had an article about photokina.
They state that Pentax will show their new K2000D - entry level camera as response to Canon and Nikon 1000D and D40/60.
According to the article it will feature the K10D processor, but no chance of grip, and AA batteries. It will be smaller in size than the K200D. (I would personally have loved a K20D with 7 fps, faster AF and better iso preformance.)
They state that Pentax will show their new K2000D - entry level camera as response to Canon and Nikon 1000D and D40/60.
According to the article it will feature the K10D processor, but no chance of grip, and AA batteries. It will be smaller in size than the K200D. (I would personally have loved a K20D with 7 fps, faster AF and better iso preformance.)
Posted 10/09/2008 - 08:29
Link
I did not specifically upgrade to the K20.
I decided that I wanted a second body and it seemed to make sense to buy a K20 with the £100 cashback rather than buy one of the last of the K10 bodies.
I decided that I wanted a second body and it seemed to make sense to buy a K20 with the £100 cashback rather than buy one of the last of the K10 bodies.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4839 posts
19 years
South West London
It will apply always. After a K20D Super there would be a K30D and then a K30D Super. We could wait forever and never jump in.
Then you can postpone jumping in until you need to, and having jumped in, you can remind yourself of the reasons when something newer comes out.
However, even if this is true, I can't say it without blushing...
... since my actual reason for upgrading from the ME Super to the K10D was 'ah, Pentax at last have a 10 MP dSLR, and I'll be able to use all my M-series lenses with it'.
I guess I was lucky that the K10D is so good, and that the stop-down-metering issues just prompted me to look to the newer lenses anyway.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.