New use for K1000 ?

Ananta_Androscoggin
Posted 05/10/2010 - 18:39 Link
I think I may have figured out how to put my old K1000 back to work, since the only thing really wrong with it is the light meter being sincerely deceased. I just never really got the hang of hand-held metering (and I have two) with a camera that's NOT mounted on a tripod, like with my old 6x6. It never felt natural to me.

I haven't seen anything like this suggested or being talked over anywhere as yet. I have an couple of extension tube sets, and am considering using them on the K1000 along with something like the following item:

New Cap Pinhole Lens Gold - 35mm DSLR/SLR Pentax Camera

Basically it's a K-mount body cap with a pinhole 'lens' setup mounted on it. Using the extension tubes, I can have an effectively large variety of focal lengths. Perhaps a couple of rolls shot off could help to compile a simple table of estimated time-exposures to use with the K1000's mechanical shutter.
Ananta Androscoggin

K-x (red!)
P30t
Optio E40
Yashica A and Vöightlander Vitomatic II
womble
Posted 05/10/2010 - 20:31 Link
There is quite a growth of pinhole photography at the moment (just check out flickr!) and this seems like a pretty good use of your K1000. Be sure to show us the results!

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Ananta_Androscoggin
Posted 05/10/2010 - 21:03 Link
There was a time when I thought about building a large format pinhole camera from scratch, and using direct-positive paper instead of film, but never got around to feeling the 'need' to get started on it.

Hadn't thought about that in years, 'til now.
Ananta Androscoggin

K-x (red!)
P30t
Optio E40
Yashica A and Vöightlander Vitomatic II
Edited by Ananta_Androscoggin: 05/10/2010 - 21:03
Don
Posted 05/10/2010 - 21:31 Link
I made one of those once....

drew and "X" through a black body cap with a sharpie, drilled out a 1/4 inch hole dead center... taped a piece of tinfoil over the hole with electrical tape... using my "X" as a guide, I found the center, poked it with a needle.

worked ok.... I don't think I ever tried it with digital though....
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo