New Pentax Zooms

johnriley

Link Posted 27/10/2002 - 19:41
I am involved in taking photographs for the "Images of England" project, which involves mainly architectural photography. I am considering revamping some of my lenses and investing in a couple of Pentax zooms that could well be useful. These are the 20-35mm and the 24-90mm. My question is, are these sufficiently distortion free to use for this type of photography? Also, am I likely to be satisfied with the sharpness for my monochrome prints up to around 16 x 12 inches?

Any informed opinions would be most welcome!
Best regards, John

Pete Bargh

Link Posted 29/10/2002 - 07:56
I haven't used the 20-35mm but I can recommend the 24-90mm. Although I haven't enlarged to 16x12in I have projected the results, taken on slide film, and they would easily stand that size. Sharp right into the edges and no vignetting. There's a little natural curving due to the 24mm angle, but this is not bad.
Publisher
Magezine Publishing Ltd

WJ Bons

Link Posted 29/10/2002 - 15:19
I to can recommend the 24-90.
it is a expensive lens, but you will like the difference with other lenses. It's sharp as #### even from 3.5.

If you can afford it, buy it.

Anonymous

Link Posted 13/01/2003 - 13:46
I HAVE THE 20-35 IT IS SUPERB ANY ZOOM WIDE ANGLE DOWN TO 20MM WILL DISTORT A BIT (ONLY A SHIFT LENS WOULD ELIMINATE THIS) IT HAS ONLY A 58MM THREAD ON THE FRONT AND TWO HOYA FILTERS DO NOT VIGNETTE
THE PETAL LENS HOOD IS MOST EFFECTIVE AND HAS A
SLOT TO ADJUST A POLARAIZOR FILTER

REGARDS TIM
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.